Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a brand new roadhouse 2 to 1 that was damaged in shipment for $49 plus 19 shiping. Straightened out the inlet pipe and wella. I needed the can part for my old system which the tip and can cracked. I also got the sererated sheilds in the deal.Life is good!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 01 1500 Nomad. I bought the 1st system off ebay for $90 which came off a wrecked 1500 classic. I had to make a can bracket out of 2" steel flatbar. I ran it for about a year and the inlet cracked off while in Colorado. I got it welded at a muffler shop,then noticed a few weeks later the tip cracked where reduced to 2- 1/2 inches.But I love the way the pipe sounds,it also reduces weight and makes it easy to clean than the dual pipes. I had the 20" performance baffle in it. I am going to try the 24" standard baffle in the new can when I put it on.

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Sounds like the originals were less than ideal??? Cracked tip and can???

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a used system off a wrecked bike for less then 25% of new so I can't complain. The best system for staying new looking is Vance and hinds. Also I didn't have it rubber mounted at 1st.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
The Roadhouse's are some of the best sounding aftermarket systems out there........not loud, just a nice low rumble...and they become somewhat more quiet as time goes by......at least my 2-1 Classics did.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Roadhouse's are some of the best sounding aftermarket systems out there........not loud, just a nice low rumble...and they become somewhat more quiet as time goes by......at least my 2-1 Classics did.
LOL..That is because as we listen to our sweet-sounding bikes we go a little more deaf.... as time goes by.

·
Registered
211 Posts
LOL..That is because as we listen to our sweet-sounding bikes we go a little more deaf.... as time goes by.
When you think they are really getting quieter, take a ride thru a mall parking lot and see if you still set off car alarms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts