Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
give me a heart attack or hurt/kill me yesterday THANK GOD !!!!
i was working at a semi-truck trailer repair shop (we fixed the trailers), last week a kid that was helping me fell of the ladder, then another kid that was helping me got drilled in the hand (he put his hand where i was drilling) and then a kid yesterday had a 116"x48" panel hit his arm and slice open his main vain in his arm. i didnt cause these accidents but i was a party to them all. after seeing the kid yesterday bleed like a stuck pig i had enough. was fine by me anyways cause i had an interview at a BRAND NEW 4-wheeler shop that builds custom sand drag 4-wheelers like in the pic. i put an app into these guys months ago when they first opened and thought they had hired people already. then friday as i was about to leave work the cell rang and they wanted me to come in for an interview YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA today was my first day and i love it. got to put a pipe,jet kit and airbox kit on a LTZ 400. wont be doing a bunch of major service work from the sounds of it. i will be doing boring jobs etc but thats cool by me cause i want to learn that skill (school taught me how to bore/hone but you dont have long enough to get a real grasp of it in 3 weeks) but anyways im a happy camper and hope in a week i do a good enough job that the owner keeps me on. hopefully i will eventually be building/help to build these monsters. one cool plus is that they go to the drags sometimes and i will be going along. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
anyways check out the 3 sand drag 4-wheelers sitting in the showroom. the orange one is AWESOME and the pic doesnt do it justice (nor the others)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Very cool. I know that those things have a lot of performance potential with the kits that are out there.

Congrats

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
its great news that you've found a position that is not as dangerous as your previous and that you are thrilled about....congrats

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Congrats on getting your DREAM job......sounds like its alot safer too.

Have fun!!!!. Not everyone gets to work at what they like to do....that is a BIG blessing!!!!!

Heather

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
When you want to get out of bed to go to work, you are in the right place. Too many people are not. So, big congrats on finding one you enjoy! 8)

·
It's purple, ma'am
2,016 Posts
Ken said:
When you want to get out of bed to go to work, you are in the right place. Too many people are not. So, big congrats on finding one you enjoy! 8)
Right-O!! Life is meant for living, and a large part of that is at work, so's best to enjoy one's work if you can!! Hope it all goes to suit you....:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
UBER CLUB MEMBER #2
13,839 Posts
seems as though this thread got resurected, as Ken started it last year in November!!!

·
UBER CLUB MEMBER #2
13,839 Posts
ispeed77 said:
just so you guys know, this thread is over 1 year old :)
as far as i know Lance is running his own bike shop now, but that could be old info as well
you must not read all the posts, as I pointed that out yesterday!! heeheeheeheehee:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts