Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this from my best friend's dad. It a 1999 Road King Police edition. It has heated grips, FI, Mustang seat with back rest (not pictured), SuperTrapp slip-ons, and runs like a top!

BTW, I have a 2007 Vulcan 900lt with 8300 miles for sale. Priced to sell...

·
Registered
887 Posts
CONGRATS ON THE BIKE. Now the fun begins, On Kawi's there's only so many parts available, for Harleys, there's about a million more available, E-bay will be your friend. I bought an '05 fatboy in July, rode it till winter, now its in the garage with the engine torn down to install the new cams and big bore kit (98 inch), Your wallet will hate you, lol.

·
Every dog has it's day...
1,113 Posts
Man,

I think I need more pics... looks like a cross between a Road King and ultra.

A little more dressed up in places. I'd get rid of the trunk for a second seat...

I think someone else mentioned the aftermarket parts, but you got any immediate plans for it?

My family in NY is big on police bikes, so maybe at some point I'll look into one.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are some new pics of the Road King...

Took some better pictures. I know how we all like pictures :smile: :

·
99%er
239 Posts
Very nice. The first thing i would do is through some paint on her. To me, Any vehicle that is white looks like they forgot to paint it. Very cool bike otherwise. Congrats!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Very nice. The first thing i would do is through some paint on her. To me, Any vehicle that is white looks like they forgot to paint it. Very cool bike otherwise. Congrats!
Nah, throw some flashers on 'er, you'll be able to get to your destination in NO time! :biggrin:

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I was just looking at a Street Bob from a guy that sales all kinds of bikes and parts. He had a Police addition Harley that served the Albuquerque police. It was pretty neat. Congrats

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
Interesting color scheme with the black fairing, center body moulding and trunk on a white bike - talk about your police black and white! :)

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting color scheme with the black fairing, center body moulding and trunk on a white bike - talk about your police black and white! :)
Duh... it's a police edition Road King... Not sure what your point is.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nah, throw some flashers on 'er, you'll be able to get to your destination in NO time! :biggrin:
You know what the problem is? EVERYONE in front of me slows down! :lol: I wouldn't mind so much if they'd move over, too. I took the black box off the back of her today. Looks sweet as a convertible. Makes her look more civilianized. I'll get pictures up later. LOVE this bike so far!

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for your comment. I'm actually getting used to the white. I've also discovered an advantage to a white bike... it doesn't look as dirty after a few days! Doesn't make sense, but the white seems to hide the dirt/dust.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts