Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Patriot Guard Rider
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called to my Kawi dealer locally and found out they are closed on Mondays. I need to find out how much it will cost me to have tires replaced. I said "What the heck I'll call the Harley place." The service dept told me in a sarcastic tone: (exact quote) "It won't cost you anything because we don't put tires on Japanese bikes!"

I've been neutral in this Harley VS (*whatever bike*) ***-tat but the smart-a** answer I got from this turd-key just put me off from EVER owning a Hardley.

The name my son came up with for people like that 17 years ago was "Jerk-a-saurus".

[RANT OFF]
I feel better now! (my meds are kicking in) :eek:

:D
Aif

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Sorry you had the bad experience, Aif. They must not be in the business of making money.

Also, every dealer I've ever been familiar with has been closed on Monday -I know not every dealer is, though.

·
Michigan Back Road Rider
293 Posts
Don't take it too personally. If a Harley rider came to a Kawasaki dealer for a tire he would probably be treated about the same. A much nicer response would be "we only service brands we sell". Sounds like he was being a jerk.

Just Live and ride by the creed.

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Don't take it too personally. If a Harley rider came to a Kawasaki dealer for a tire he would probably be treated about the same. A much nicer response would be "we only service brands we sell". Sounds like he was being a jerk.

Just Live and ride by the creed.
The Kawi/Suzi/Honda dealer here services all models -there are usually a few HDs out back.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
except the the inexcusable snide comment, it's not surprising to get that reaction from them. They don't have experience/training to work on metric bikes. heck....do Harleys even have metric bolts on them? I'd think they would be all SAE. :eek:

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Oh well.....let us state that there are good people, and bad people in every industry. Someone else is happy to take your money :D move on....don't let snootiness grenade your day.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I'd contact the shop owner. Every motorcycle enthusiast is a possible customer and every employee should be a representative for HD. to alienate a potential customer is bad business.

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Don't feel to bad I have a local Kawi dealer that flat refuses to do any work of any kind unless you bought your bike from him. All his staff are rude and arrogant also kind of a clone of him.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
I'd contact the shop owner. Every motorcycle enthusiast is a possible customer and every employee should be a representative for HD. to alienate a potential customer is bad business.
+1
He could have let you know in a nicer way!!! Many metric owners buy Harley stuff....their boots are excellent, their windshield and other leather bags are great....you should have been treated better because you could have been a potential customer for other items in their shop :shock:

·
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter
7,748 Posts
+1
He could have let you know in a nicer way!!! Many metric owners buy Harley stuff....their boots are excellent, their windshield and other leather bags are great....you should have been treated better because you could have been a potential customer for other items in their shop :shock:
Exactly Cheri! I wear harley chaps and a harley textile jacket, and how does this guy know you DON"T own a harley??? That's why it's just foolish to judge someone by what they're riding. I have a ball riding around on Jodie's Ninja with the flower on the side, or when I was putting miles on her DR200. I can just imagine all the jeers I caused. ;-) Did it matter to me what people thought? Not in the slightest, cause I was on two wheels baby! :tongue: :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've done my fair share of wandering thru the local Harley Davidson dealers; afterall, they are nice bikes.

It's funny, on the south side of Indianapolis I've witnessed, but not been subjected to, the sterotypical HD mindset.

On the norhtside of Indy, this place gets it:
Indiana, Harley-Davidson, motorcycle, dealer, Harley-Davidson of Indianapolis

Half the dealership is new Harley's, the other half is new Honda's. Although their website dosn't advertise it (lest they rupture the world of the 'true' HD biker) they are just as happy to sell, service and talk any and all brands of bikes.

A smart business man doesn't alienate a large pool of potential customers.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
our local kawasaki dealer was outragous on tires and was rude so we went to the honda shop lol they was nice, and polite and willing to sell tires at a cheaper rate and put them on for us. so for us we will either go there or to a diffrent kawi dealer.

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
except the the inexcusable snide comment, it's not surprising to get that reaction from them. They don't have experience/training to work on metric bikes. heck....do Harleys even have metric bolts on them? I'd think they would be all SAE. :eek:
They most likely don't have any metric wrenches and I'd hate to see them use a pair of vice grips to remove my wheels... Can you imagine what a mess they could make with a shaft drive bike like a 15 or 1600....

They really could have been kinder, but then we wouldn't have this great thread going....

·
2001 Vulcan 800 \m/
1,661 Posts
Sorry you had to put up with that. Our Harley dealer out here seems pretty nice, but it's just who you get on the phone. I'd put money down that his boss would like to know about his attitude. Harley can't pay for those giant showrooms with bad employees. They're a biz just like anyone else. Report his punk butt.

That Japanese vs Harley crap gets old. I love both bikes. Hell, I'd love to own every bike from every country. I bet that kid goes out and gets in his girlfriend's Nissan and drives home. :mad:

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
They may not stock the proper size tires for the 900 anyways.
I'm not sure about the Sporty 1200, but the rest of them all have 16" rears and 16, 19, or 21" fronts. They probably don't have a 180 in a 15".

1 - 20 of 88 Posts