Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... this is a simple question i jsut got some clip ons for my 90 ex500 and am wondering how do i take the grips off so i can stick them on the new handle bars.. seems like everything else from the hadel bars are jsut screwed on..... these grips are jsut soft rubber ones with the names SUPERSPORT writen on them..are grips just squeezed on????? any help would be great

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
305 Posts
Your left grip is just kind of pushed on there...a little wiggling (of the grip) and pulling will get it off. your throttle grip will slide off easily because i is on a plastic thing that lets it move around.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ill give that a try.... pulling to hard wont break the plastic throttle thing will it??

·
Registered
305 Posts
you have to unscrew the throttle assembly box thingie (don't know what the name is...its the thing that has your engine kill button on it) and then unhook the throttle cables that are connected to the grip...then it'l come off easy. o yeah...don't forget to take off the bar ends before you do all this.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
the grips COULD be GLUED on. if you have a blower NOZZLE and air compressor you can blow them right off.
do like they said and leave the throttle side alone. just pull the whole assebly off and put it on the new bar. the left side will take some blood/sweat and tears to get off if its glued on.
good luck :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts