Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished bidding/buying a higway bar for my 900 on ebay. It's new with all the hardware included, Kawasaki brand for $155 shipped. Based on what I've seen around, seems like a good price. I hope I like it, otherwise I may just be reselling it on this forum! All I need now is to find a deal on a luggage rack and light bar and I'll be set.

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
I just finished bidding/buying a higway bar for my 900 on ebay. It's new with all the hardware included, Kawasaki brand for $155 shipped. Based on what I've seen around, seems like a good price. I hope I like it, otherwise I may just be reselling it on this forum! All I need now is to find a deal on a luggage rack and light bar and I'll be set.
I would go buy some new nylon nuts to put on the screw and dont forget to put a little grease on the nylon part and turn SLOWLY so they dont heat up and seize.Dont ask me how I know.:oops:

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I won a bidding on a new oem light bar for my custom last friday afternoon and paid with paypal instant payment with cc on saturday and so far they have not provided the tracking info so I can get a delivery day estimate :(
I can't wait till it shows in my door step

Earlier when I was looking at ebay I found several light bars for classics!

·
Registered
2 Posts
lol, i was bidding on that one too.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WarEagle, So what's your ebay handle? I sniped with 10 seconds left (manually, not with a program). I wasn't sure how high to go especially since the shipping was so high. In the past I've come on the board and told people what I was planning to bid on so as to not start a bidding war amongst ourselves. (I figure first to post gets to bid, gentleman's agreement) I forgot to do that this time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very nice, I just bought some MC bars on Friday on Ebay for $147 shipped. I too am still waiting on the tracking information. Can't wait to get mine and add some highway pegs. Luckily my local dealership is within a few dollars of what I can find online on the pegs, so no waiting on those. I sure hope the rest of you are not bidding on the other things I am trying to get.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am wondering about this purchase though. I paid with Paypal as soon as the auction ended and so far have had no contact from the seller. The seller is relatively new with only 46 feedbacks, so maybe he is not well versed on ebay ettiquete. Whether buying or selling there should be a email that acknowledges payment and give some idea as to when the item will ship out.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I am wondering about this purchase though. I paid with Paypal as soon as the auction ended and so far have had no contact from the seller. The seller is relatively new with only 46 feedbacks, so maybe he is not well versed on ebay ettiquete. Whether buying or selling there should be a email that acknowledges payment and give some idea as to when the item will ship out.
They do get a email stating payment received and provides the link for shipping.

I'm having the same freaking issue too. I won my item on friday afternoon, paid istantly within 24 hrs and yesterday at noon I emailed the seller asking for tracking info. So far no freaking answere from him yet. This is the only one thing I hate about ebay... Tomorrow I will resent the message asking for the tracking info and if no response then friday I will have to open a case. Last time I had one I d i o t said " i was waiting for the payment to clear" I replied "instant payment gets there intantly to your paypal acct! and gave him negative feedback. This guy waited for the payment to clear from paypal to his bank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
WarEagle, So what's your ebay handle? I sniped with 10 seconds left (manually, not with a program). I wasn't sure how high to go especially since the shipping was so high. In the past I've come on the board and told people what I was planning to bid on so as to not start a bidding war amongst ourselves. (I figure first to post gets to bid, gentleman's agreement) I forgot to do that this time.
Wareagle85 is my ebay handle also, i snipped it with 25sec left on the clock (too soon it seems). Was kinda ticked when i lost it by $3, but ohwell, thats the way ebay works. I only put 112 down on them, didnt want to put anymore with the outragous shipping cost and low feedback on the seller

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What you taking about T Conroy? I haven't even looked at the bike, but I figured it's a matter of turning a couple bolts. What's the deal with the nylon bolts?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts