Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Certainly uncertain
146 Posts
That Viper engined bike the OP shows above has been around a while. However, I have never seen a video of it going more than say 30 mph. There was a TV special where they were talking about its speed, but they never actually showed any. I'm kinda wondering it that funky setup is actually not very good at putting power to the road <cough> Boss Hoss <cough> or just handles like crud when it does.

Didn't Jay Leno 'toast' a cager's bumper when he was riding his jet bike??
I saw that interview too. I can't recall, but I seem to remember him knowing he did it and driving away. My reaction was here is a guy with a who has warehouse full of expensive cars and he runs when one of his toys toasts another vehicle. If that is right as I recall, then == Jerk.

edits for fumble fingers

·
Registered
176 Posts
I saw that interview too. I can't recall, but I seem to remember him knowing he did it and driving away. My reaction was here is a guy with a who has warehouse full of expensive cars and he runs when one of his toys toasts another vehicle. If that is right as I recall, then == Jerk.
Actually I remember the interview also. It was the cager's fault, he has this flashing sign on the back of the bike above the Licence plate "Caution Hot Jet Exhaust" and the cager pulled right up on him anyway at the light. He said by the time the light changed, he could't pull up, that the Lexus's front bumper was melting.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Actually I remember the interview also. It was the cager's fault, he has this flashing sign on the back of the bike above the Licence plate "Caution Hot Jet Exhaust" and the cager pulled right up on him anyway at the light. He said by the time the light changed, he could't pull up, that the Lexus's front bumper was melting.
Yeah I seemed to remember it was the cager's fault! Man, "How did the bumper get melted?" Wife, "I saw Jay Leno today . . ."

·
Certainly uncertain
146 Posts
"Caution Hot Jet Exhaust" and the cager pulled right up on him anyway at the light.
Yeah, that sounds like what I recall (although I missed the flashing jet exhaust sign). I would still say that, short of tapping his rear end, his toy was liable for the damage. Proper spacing behind a turbine powered vehicle just isn't something you expect the average driver to mentally process. Cool your exhaust for street use.

With his where-with-all he could've booked the driver as a guest and filled a TS segment. Ah well, this is a serious hijack of the OP's thread ... back on topic :lol:

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That Viper engined bike the OP shows above has been around a while. However, I have never seen a video of it going more than say 30 mph. There was a TV special where they were talking about its speed, but they never actually showed any. I'm kinda wondering it that funky setup is actually not very good at putting power to the road <cough> Boss Hoss <cough> or just handles like crud when it does.

edits for fumble fingers
--yup,..same V10 they put in the Dodge Vipers. They had one out at Texas Motor Speedway(along w/a few other nasty look'in things) do'in speed runs. If I remember right, it did 0-60 in 2.7 sec., Had to slow big time for turns.

·
Bug Killer Extraordinaire
490 Posts

edits for fumble fingers

If I remember there was more to it then that. they were filming it at the time. there is a sign on the back of his bike that says stay back, jet blast
and a cager pulled up on his a$$. he tried to wave the guy off, but the cage refused to give so . . .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.