Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding a seldom traveled road about 10 miles from home minding my own business when I passed a deputy's cruiser going the opposite way. I as always look in my mirrors to see him hit his brakes and start turning around. I start thinking what is his problem I'm not doing anything wrong. I then look down at my speedo and I am going 105 mph so I pull over and wait for him. He told me he clocked me at 92 mph and as long as I had my MC endorsement he was going to give me a warning. Told me he rides and he understands that going that fast is not that noticable on a bike on long straight roads like that and I should just slow down. Well I was thinking that atleast I know my speedo is off by like 13mph as I was pulling away from where I stopped. Then on my way home the speedo decides to quit working.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
at 105mph the speedo is going to be off anyway, GPS is the only way to accurately know your true speed. Speedo stopped working? is the cable still connected in the back of the dash panel?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I got clocked 70 in a 55 one time. I cop comes up and asks for all my info. He then asks how many cc's my bike has. I tell him it's a 750, and he tells me he was suprised that I was only going 70. Luckily I had seen him before he saw me, and I could slow down some. Turns out he had just bought a Yamaha genisis (sp?) a month or so back, and just wanted to ask some questions and shoot the **** about bikes for a while. No ticket!!!! One of the lucky times.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

fellas-i think pretty much all bike speedos are off :roll:
we've compared and compared bike to bike and they all say something
different :lol:

·
Registered
380 Posts
well, isn't there a way to tune it so it's more exact...?

usually in a car you just swap gears out until you get it right... do they use a different system on a bike...?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Aikata said:
well, isn't there a way to tune it so it's more exact...?

usually in a car you just swap gears out until you get it right... do they use a different system on a bike...?
speedo either runs off tranny which is computer correctable or it runs off of the front wheel, which I don't think is correctable.

·
Registered
380 Posts
:?

so the bike is specificly manufactured to have incorrect readings... great...

well, thanks for the info...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i don't know its just something i've noticed-alot of them seem to be off by just a few mph :?
and the faster we go the more it is,and its all different bikes-i guess we can compare
tranny driven and wheel driven to see what the deal is :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts