Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2005 Ninja 500R today! Thanks for everyone's help in answering my questions... it helped me decide that this was the right bike for my needs.

30 miles on it so far and having a blast --

·
Registered
380 Posts
Pretty! :D

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Ninja 500R

2005Ninja 500R....2005, AWESOME! What was your real bottom line price?

·
Registered
32 Posts
That bike looks familiar...hmmm... :wink:

Gotta love the black bikes 8)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Service and Owners Manual

IF you don't have the Service Manual and owners manual get on the phone and order them from Beartooth 1 800 556 3098 Read them and re read them...Start a LOGBOOK. Ensure that you include the Vehicle Identification Number, the Motor Number nad even Key number. Wouldn't be a bad thig to do to have a spare key made just to put in a very special place in your house, or in the bank box. LOg everything about your bike and get the clear inserts for the notebook so that you cn show your checkups and even keep a sheet for gas mileage etc...when you reach a place where yor ileage starts flattening out it's time to wsitdch to 100% Synthetic oil and record EVERYTHING that you do to her, and buy for her...It keeps not only great records for you the dealer, manufacturer but should you wnat to sell yor vintage bike in 20years you will have every thing recorded, making it worth more!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
lovely looking bike in black.

It's a shame that the US bikes don't get twin front discs like the European bikes do. Thats all it needs to look complete.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
cincnorad said:
Got my 2005 Ninja 500R today! Thanks for everyone's help in answering my questions... it helped me decide that this was the right bike for my needs.

30 miles on it so far and having a blast -
How was your experience at Burbank Kawi? Haven't been there in years.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
2005 500R

What kinda deal did you get? and waht all did you end up buying with it???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I called other dealers and got them down to $5,500 OTD on the 05's (Saugus Kawasaki, and Kolbe Cycle Sales). However, they didn't have the black in stock which I really wanted. So, I ended up going back to Burbank and talking down the owner from $5,800 to $5,650. I probably could've gotten him lower... but he threw in free servicing for the 500 mile, and 50% off subsequent (I don't know if that comes with it anyway or what.) Either way, it was worth it for me as I hate hassles, it's the closest Kawa to my house, and I really wanted the black.

Burbank Kawaski seems okay to me. The manager is a bit loopy but a nice guy all in all. He had a mechanic go in the back alley with the bike to show me all the features and give me a quick tutorial to make sure I could drive it safely off the lot.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Did you get your license already or are you on a day permit only?

Super nice looking bike. enjoy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still on the day permit... just been too lazy to stop by the DMV.

Does anyone know a good place online to order a motorcycle cover for a 500R?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
COVER

Call Beartooth Kawasaki and get the discount...1 800 556 3098...
Not only are you supporting this very FORUM, but it should be a Genuine Kawasaki Cover...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That was the first thing I did -- I checked their website and couldn't find a cover. Maybe I'll give em a call tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Beartooth

I think that you are in for a complete suprise....these people are great to work with. Even over the phone they figured out what I needed...and sent it to me...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do forum members get a discount? :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts