Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my bike from the dealer yesterday. They found the hesitation problem, a diaphram in the carb had a small crack in it. Runs great now. First thing to buy, a windshield. My 500 LTD, which is my wife's now has the Kawasaki windshield. Very pleased with it. Just looking for suggestions.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Spook,

I put the large F&S Windshield with Moxy lowers on mine and it worked real well. I am 6ft 2in tall and I would have liked to have the windshield 2in taller. If you arent as tall as I am it will work great for you. The Moxy lowers are a great addition because it will stop the blast that comes from around the forks.

DJ

·
VRA National President
203 Posts
Personally, I prefer riding without a windshield but my girlfriend has been looking for one for her new Aero 750. The Honda windshield was expensive and she liked the Rifle windshields but can't find a local dealer for them. The Memphis Shades are very popular and much less expensive than other brands and that's what she's getting for hers. I personally don't like the look of them as much but for the price difference, I can see why they're so popular.

I recommend you try to find another bike like yours with a windshield and see if you like the look. Height is very important as you can get wind buffetting on the head if it is too low. One of the manufacturer's websites she went to had instruction on how to measure for the appropriate height of your windshield but I don't remember which one (try Memphis Shades).

·
Registered
392 Posts
Spook,
Congrats on the new bike. I received a recall notice on my 800 Vulcan. Kawasaki said I need to have the carb diaphragm changed as it can crack and leak fuel. Probably the same problem you had.

Smooth roads...........

·
Registered
524 Posts
Congrats on the bike funny thing is i got a 04 800 A and the wife has a 04 500 LTD.Small world,what year is the 500???

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mangler, the 500 we have is a 2000 with 3900 miles. The 800 is red & black and the 500 is black & red. Will try and post some pics soon.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sweet here is a pic of our bikes,make sure to post a pic of yours.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Nice Bikes, Makes a great set, and on a nice sunny day too. ( I wish I could remember what those days looked like) :grin:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Good looking bikes you got there!!!! Kenny in NC.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts