Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got those swininging pegs for my bike for xmas from my g/f for my bike.... I got the adapters on the way so Ill post up some pics when I get them on.... If anyone has some pics of them on already post em up......

Also does anyone know why You can't buy adapters to put them on a 900 classic???????????? They have them for the custom but not the classic version... why is that?

Thanks guys.

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Derag2,

Not sure exactly what those particular pegs are, but you can go to Küryakyn and contact them to see if the adapter will fit on your scoot as well. I prefer to get the info on stuff like that straight from the horse's mouth. Also ask them "if it doesn't fit, can you return them and is the return on their dime?"

By "swinging pegs" do you mean they fold up and down? Or, is that the name of a new style of highway peg that Kury has put out? I have the Longhorn Offset pegs and love them. If they're for the stock bars, they should fit yours as well. If your bars are not stock, tell Kury what you have and double-check by measuring the bars to confirm fitment (Ex: 1" bars; 1.25" bars, or 1.5" bars).

Daryl
PS- Nice g/f! Does she have a sister or friend like her??? LOL....

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They got them to fit my bike.... but my stepdad likes the pegs as well so we checked to see if they had the adapters for his 900 and they do not. His is a 900 classic, and they have the adapters for a custom but not classic. The pegs replace your regular footpegs and then they have a piece that swings out for like a highway type peg.....

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
did you post the pics in a different thread?

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
Thanks, been looking into them was wondering how anyone liked them, doubt you have any riding time on them yet?

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
Im guessing they dont make them for the Classic because the Classic has boards. the mounting is completely different.

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No i don't have any riding time on them yet, to much snow around here I wouldn't be able to get it down the drive. I think they'll be a good addition.
Slpr_61 I think your correct, somthing we talked about doing was getting the mouthing system from kawasaki for a Custom and removing the floorboards bolt on the custom mounting plate and buy the adapter for the 900 custom....

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm not sure, but you may also end up needing the modify the Classic's clutch and rear brake controls to switch from boards to pegs.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
and do not forget to re-calibrate the flux capicator to 1.21 gigawatts.

:D

·
Vulcan 800 Classic
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats true...... didn't really think about the heel toe shifter......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts