Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Trucker
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just getting my start into the world of street bikes. I was raised on the dirt track, but that was quite a few years and pounds ago. A pretty bad accident left my legs injured for quite some time, so I never got back into it.

I'm working on a '99 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1500, and that will be my ride into the world of street bikes.

I purchased the bike from a mechanic who had a lein against it, and I just purchased an '03 engine to go in it. Lucky for me, the previous owner spent some time and money adding a few extras here and there, so that will save me a few bucks.

With any luck, the bike is going to be ready for Memorial Day weekend. My father has been riding most of my life, and he'll be bringing the bike (along with his) from Oklahoma for that weekend. It should be a great experience.

Anyway, here is a few pictures of what the bike looks like as of now. It's important to note, the bike sits exactly how I bought it, and I will have to put my own personal touches on it. I may remove a couple things, and I may add a few things. I'll figure all that out when I see it in person for the first time. Yes, it will be road ready before it gets to Tennessee.

It's nothing spectacular, but I got a deal that I couldn't pass up so I went with it.

·
Super Trucker
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got the motor today. Well, it was actually my father who got the motor today.

As I stated in another thread, I purchased an '03 1500 motor, and the seller claimed it had only 1218 miles on it. Of course, I was a little more than skeptical, but when ahead with the purchase.

I was pleasantly surprised and relieved upon hearing my fathers initial inspection report. Based on the crappy cell phone pictures sent by my father, and the description he gave me, the guy wasn't lying.

With the exception of a few scratches on the top of the rocker case covers (I think that's what they are called), everything looks about brand new. All the areas where gaskets will go, spark plugs, all the hoses, everything looks new. Not a spot of rust or discoloration anywhere.

My father pushed a clean, white rag into the exhaust ports, and there was hardly any dirt whatsoever. Again, everything appeared to be nearly new.

I was also pleasantly surprised to have gotten the starter, chrome side covers, stator, and a few other things. I didn't expect those to come with the motor.

Your typical '03 VN1500

1 - 2 of 2 Posts