Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :D .. I have a problem with my 1985 kx125 I can't figure it out maybe someone has some sugestions?

I have spark, new top end, carbon fiber reeds (that look got for all i know) and I got gas.

I took the carb off and everything looks good all clean... Is their such thing as not enough spark or weak spark if so how do I tell ? and how can i fix it ?

also whats a good oil gas ratio for it.

i dont get anything out of it just every once in a while I'll get a back fire.

thanks,

patrick

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
=mazdaspeed= said:
1. I have spark, new top end, carbon fiber reeds (that look got for all i know) and I got gas.

2. I took the carb off and everything looks good all clean... Is their such thing as not enough spark or weak spark if so how do I tell ? and how can i fix it ?

3. also whats a good oil gas ratio for it.

4. i dont get anything out of it just every once in a while I'll get a back fire.
1. well sounds like you have everything you need. SPARK AIR GAS........have you done a compression check, how is it to kick over ? 125's dont have much compression anyways but with this being new top end it should be decent. hopefully ya havent put rings on wrong :(

2. did you set everything to spec ? float height etc.
did you clean the jets out ? (pilot/main) look in your manual and it will tell you all the settings/adjustments you need to make.

3. 32:1 but you should prob. run 40:1 since its a new top end. read in your manual and see what they say for oil ratio mix with a new top end.

4. that tells ya your getting spark. hopefully you dont have a bad crank seal.
good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

thanks for the info I cleand the jets and ran 40:1 and that helped.

I got it going. ended up being out of time and the stator wires were grounding out on the frame they were dry rotted and split.

if I have any more questions I know were to go..

thanks a million everyone :p :p :p :p :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts