Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I work the night shift. I I went into work at 6PM yesterday. Temp was a little muggy around low 80's. needless to say I went to work with only a t shirt and jeans.6Am rolls around I step outside to start up my bike and its around mid 40's. You guessed it, I had to ride home in it. Took it pretty good though. Did a little jogging in place to warm my self up before I left. What do ya know the one week I dont keep up with the weather forecast!

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Never know about South Texas weather....Sometimes the weathermen don't either.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Only job you can be wrong over 50% of the time and still keep your job. But, wish our weather here would be in the 40s and dry.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
LOL... I used to live in Dallas, Arlington and San Angelo and remember evenings when it would snow 4 or 5 inches that would melt by noon the next day, then with the ground nice and wet, it would freeze into "black ice". 1974 on a Suzuki GT380 two stroke. MMM what was that song? Slip slidin away...

·
Black, Chrome, & Leather
108 Posts
You know what they say down here:

If you don't like the weather in Houston... wait 20 minutes.

·
Registered
409 Posts
At least you didn't get any of that Bay City fog. That stuff is thick!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At least you didn't get any of that Bay City fog. That stuff is thick!
Yeah, glasses and helmet faceshields wont do you any good with this fog. It will only leave a mist on them. Then you try to wipe it off with your gloves and you just streak it up. In the situation I have to ride home in that, I just slow down and lift up my faceshield. Fortunately, I only live 5 mi from work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts