Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
***** Supporter
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a gps and know alot of you have them . Looking at the zumo 550 and TomTom Rider 2. Does anybody have the tomtom rider 2 ? and if so how do you like it and the same with the zumo 550.. Any one better over the other ?

Vanisland
2007 900 LT

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
I like the Zumo but bought the 450 instead of the 550. I use helmet mounted bluetooth for bike-to-bike communications so didn't really need the 550 bluetooth function and saved several bucks. The Zumo is a really nice unit.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have a Tom Tom Rider II and am very pleased with it. I bought it on "Sale" & it worked out about the going rate of the Zumo550's at the time.
Doesn't have some of the bells & whistles of the Zumo, but I didn't want MP3 capability. I replaced the Scala Headset with the Scala Duo set up so that I can talk to SWMBO & it works fine with reception as good as I was getting on my GL1800. The bluetooth connection to the phone also works ok and if you tape the appropriate pin on the rear of the unit, it is still possible to have full facilities, including phone on the move.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts