Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read about a new GPS motorcycle tracking product called BikeGPSTracking. There has been quite a bit of news on their new unit that came out on Friday.

Has anyone used GPS tracking outside of Lojack? What are some features I should look for? Any problems anyone has had with a GPS tracking unit?

Their unit price seems very reasonable and service is pretty low as well.

Thanks

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Make sure that the police operate the unit directly.

Lojack used to have a competitor, Teletrac. Teletrac operators were notified by a trigger in the vehicle and would track it, then contact the police.
Due to excessive false alarms, police agencies have elected to not begin a stolen vehicle case until the OWNER reports the vehicle stolen.

Lojack is marginally effective. Not every police agency has a vehicle equipped with a Lojack tracker. Only the largest metropolitan areas have more than one vehicle equipped, and even fewer have a helicopter.

Lojack advertises that they will cover your deductible if your vehicle is not recovered.... then a year later, you get a letter in the mail asking you to buy an "extended warranty", which keeps that protection in force.

I would not expect a new player to be any better than Lojack when it comes to police response.

Buy good insurance from a reputable company. 9 times out of 10, when a vehicle is stolen, by the time it is recovered, you don't want it back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts