Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
Yup! But it was in the see-thru top pouch on my tank bag.. not mounted to the bars. ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Done it and still do it.

I have the Garmin NUVI and it has a pretty solid mounting bracket I bought off of EBay.

Doesnt even move at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Garmin NUVI 350 and use the RAM Mount system. Very solid and you can mount other stuff with different accessories as well.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Bar mount all the way.

No way I would trust a suction cup mount on a bike unless I had the GPS itself firmly teathered to the bars.

Rolling down the freeway the other day on a 100 degree day, my Nuvi-660 suction cup popped off of the plastic disc mount on my dash in the cage.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Bar mount all the way.

No way I would trust a suction cup mount on a bike unless I had the GPS itself firmly teathered to the bars.

Rolling down the freeway the other day on a 100 degree day, my Nuvi-660 suction cup popped off of the plastic disc mount on my dash in the cage.
Wow! That suckzzzz!

I feel very comfident in the bar mount I got.

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
Nuvi 200w and a RAM Mount attached to the Mirror post. No windshield on the Meanie, and no issues with the GPS.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Wow! That suckzzzz!

I feel very comfident in the bar mount I got.
The GPS wasn't in it, just the mount... and it landed on my leg and bounced onto the center console, so it wouldn't have hurt it.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I bought a mount for my Magellan that attaches to the handlebar. Cost around $18. I haven't attached it yet so I don't really know how well it works.

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. Won't help me for tomorrow but glad to know that there's something out there. I should have figured.

·
Army Strong. Ride Long
587 Posts
Techmounts has some great stuff too. The Zumo series from Garmin is motorcycle approved - waterproof and all. Great visability in day light.

·
Waiting out the WI winter
801 Posts
Ram mounts are a little more expensive than alternatives but they are a guaranteed fit to your gps unit and they hold tight.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Mine has a mount the gps clips into, and that clips onto the suction cup thing. So I took the mount and passed some zip ties thru the slots it uses to mount to the suction cup, and zip tied it right to the top of my bar risers. Windshield on or off, it doesn't go anywhere. I ran a 12v adapter to my headlight bucket aux switched supply and zip tied that to the back of the riser.

Power supply

Side view- a little foam to keep the bars from getting marked up from the zip ties. I left the zip ties long so I can reuse them when I take the mount off to use in my van and not burn through bags of zip ties.

Front view.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts