Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lapa user
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the cap i cannot find the air vent. the cap is square, and i see nothing beyond the seal .. :shock:

where is?! these things make me feel like a fool... :redface: , after the carburetors sync :redface:

I think it is clogged and want to clean :smile:

Ah, a question: I installed years ago, a solenoid (its correct ''solenoid''???) for moving gasoline (the tap is not working on PRI position) connected to the ignition key. everything perfect, but the hose depressor is still connected at carb n°2 , it is better to remove these tube and close with a cap the vacuum line also in the 2° carb..????

gasoline goes equally.. but i still have the useless tube, what do you advise me to do? :smile:

thanks very much to all :smile:

SORRY FOR ENGLISH

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
If it's an 81~83, I don't believe there is a vent. In 84 they went to the charcoal canister vapor recovery system, and that should have a vent. If you can't find the vent on an 84~85, you might try pulling the tank and lightly blowing compressed air through the tube that leads to the canister.

If the hose to #2 is the vacuum hose, and you aren't using it, just cap it off like the #3? #4? is normally capped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The book I have says that there is a vent in the cap of my 82 gpz 550. when I took the fuel cap apart to remove the previous owners horable paint job, I noticed that it has some very tiny springs in it. The entire peice is a vent under spring pressure and the outlet is around the key hole.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
I know this thread is already a couple of weeks old. My 81 LTD also uses that commonly used square cap and it does have a vent in the cap. My service manual only says to disassemble the cap and use compressed air to clean the vent.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sometimes draining the fuel will cause the vent in the cap to whistle. Helps to prove that there is a vent, and with careful listening, locate the vent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts