Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Update:
I lived with the super loud exhaust for a little bit. I fixed the largest hole in the exhaust by riveting a piece of aluminum on the inside and using some high-heat putty. Still way loud...
I recently bought the MAC replacement baffle for Kerkers ($39.95) directly from MAC and installed it this morning. What a huge difference! It sounds powerful without being annoying. I am hoping this cures the exhaust popping as well. Since it is raining today I may have to wait until tomorrow to test it.
Hopefully I can keep this exhaust for another year or so before I have to spring for the new Kerker...

·
Crazed Zed-head
2,076 Posts

Nearly any 4-1 for a 650/750 4 cylinder should work, being that the motors are identical in this way, except maybe in minor hanging issues near the can.
You can get new Kerkers from Supertrapp. Their site doesn't mention a fitment for the GPz specifically, but given the above the fitment for the 750SP should work.

SuperTrapp: Performance Exhaust

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Gang,
The bike is coming along. Fixed the turn signals today and took it out for a little spin. That sucker is loud! It has a four-in-to-one of indeterminate make. I think it would be OK if it was not for the nickel and quarter size holes in it. I have checked a few websites and the only aftermarket exhaust I can find is a chrome Vance and Hines. Is this my only option? It resembles the pipe that is on there now. Except mine is painted black. Since there is no other chrome on the bike I would like to keep it chrome free but it is not a deal breaker.
Any ideas? I would love to have a Kerker since it is sort of an ELR clone.
TIA,
so i have a old ninja i dont know what year it is but ik its from the 80s

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Gang,
The bike is coming along. Fixed the turn signals today and took it out for a little spin. That sucker is loud! It has a four-in-to-one of indeterminate make. I think it would be OK if it was not for the nickel and quarter size holes in it. I have checked a few websites and the only aftermarket exhaust I can find is a chrome Vance and Hines. Is this my only option? It resembles the pipe that is on there now. Except mine is painted black. Since there is no other chrome on the bike I would like to keep it chrome free but it is not a deal breaker.
Any ideas? I would love to have a Kerker since it is sort of an ELR clone.
TIA,
Try "Steve's Cycle Salvage" (not sure that is the proper name) located somewhere in Georgia. I have had good luck finding parts for my 1982 GPZ 750.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You can buy muffler wrapping really cheap. I got some off of EBAY for the exhaust mufflers I mad for my ZZR1200. I also purchased a long baffle, twice as long as the one you have and wrapped it with exhaust wire . The new wrapping does not come apart like the old fiberglass stuff does. That exhaust looks like you have may options to it. If you have a welder, you could extend the baffle pipe, or measure it and buy a new one for less than $30 bucks. :)

My ZZR1200 exhaust modification:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

21 - 25 of 25 Posts