Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

If you look at the Partzilla (or the actual Kawasaki ) web site in search of crank bearings for the '83 GPz 750 you will see that there are multiple part numbers. Three sizes for crank main journals and three sizes for connecting rod big end. 92028/92028A/92028B are the main crank journal bearings. The Partzilla web site list the color associated with each part number. So selecting the correct size is easy to sort out.

The connecting rod big end bearings are a bit tougher. They are supposed to come in three sizes, and hence three colors including Black, Brown, and Green. Problem is that neither the Partzilla nor Kawasaki websites indicate which part number is which color. Even worse, two of the con rod bearings listed are actually the same part number. Parts identified at 92028C and 92028D both have the detailed part number 92028-1203... which suggests that Kawasaki only offer two sizes of con rod big end bearings at this point.

I need to be sure I am order the black bearing inserts for the con rod big ends. Is anyone absolutely sure what the part number is for those?

Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All:

Well, in four months it seems no one has an answer for how to select the correct part number based on color code for the rod big end bearings on an '83 GPz 750. Thought I'd ping one more time to see if there are any new faces out there that might be able to shed some light on this one...

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts