Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, on this saturday i'm planning to start the restoration of my Gpz550 after 10 years of parking.
The current (old and hard as rock) tires are 90/90 R19 52H in the front and 120/80 R18 62H in the back...although the approved ones on the plating certificate are 3.25" and 4.00" ( 80 and 100 converted to mm).
Which size would you raccomend me to mount?!

thanks everybody

Have some good rides :mrgreen:

ps.
sorry for my bad english

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EN:
yes, I'm italian, can you help me with my tires size?! I don't know which size to choose...the original ones seem to narrow and they're hard to find.

IT:
Si, sono italiano, ma puoi darmi una mano per la scelta delle gomme?! non so che misura montare...quelle originali mi sembrano troppo strette ed è difficile trovarle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks kawpaul, I'll try with that solution.

Cucco, that's my first "big bike", I need to take confidence with it. Talking about tires approval...well, I've got to go to "motorizzazione" and ask if they allow me to change size...it would be hard.

Cucco, è la mia prima moto grande, devo prenderci un pò di confidenza.
A proposito delle gomme...devo andare in motorizzazione e chiedere se me le omologano...sarà difficile

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why the original size is the best?
however the size on bike's book is inches and not mm, so or I'll find tyres measured in inches or cops will broke my *****... :)

ma perchè mi consigli la misura originale?!
che tra l'altro è in pollici e non in mm, quindi o trovo le gomme in pollici oppure la pula mi cazzia...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it allow only replacement with "LEGAL" tires, written on bike's book.

For example: my gpz's book...

FRAME:
Castor 27.5°
Trail 110mm (4.3 in)
Tire size: Front 3.25H19 4PR
Rear 4.00H18 4PR

so I can use only those sizes of tires. If I want to change size (wider or narrower) I must ask to "road traffic office" and they can approve or not the change of size.

pretty chaotic, don't you think so?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.