Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Thanks Martin and Kawpaul for you advice and I am not surprised. You get what you pay for. With a rear master cylinder, I am not worried about the mounts breaking as it is a much stronger mount than a handlebar mount, but if it won't bleed properly that would be an issue. But for $20 I don't have much to lose so I may try it anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,
I haven't disappeared - just been busy!
The difference between the 1035 and 1036 is just the year I believe. Going on Kawasaki UK parts list, 1035 is for 1985 model and 1036 is for 1986 model and so on until 1992 when they were not made anymore. I don't believe there is any difference in spec / diameter / length etc. I am willing to take that chance.
So if you can forward details where I can purchase this from and get a price including shipping, I might place an order.
Thanks
Hello,
Try looking for -
'Aha Bandit Parts' on facebook. It's a Jakarta based company

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey there,
I have measured my old one - diameter is 14mm and length is 31.5mm but that could have been 32mm and reduced due to wear?
FYI I have managed to find a used one in good order, which I have fitted and works with no leaks!
Hopefully this will last, but if it fails I may come back and order one.

Best wishes

·
Registered
16 Posts
Result!
If nothing else it gives you the chance to ride the bike and source another within a less critical timescale.

Gary.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hey there,
I have measured my old one - diameter is 14mm and length is 31.5mm but that could have been 32mm and reduced due to wear?
FYI I have managed to find a used one in good order, which I have fitted and works with no leaks!
Hopefully this will last, but if it fails I may come back and order one.

Best wishes
It sounds like you have the exact same piston that I have, and the 31.5 mm dimension is probably how it was made and is not from wear. When I was looking for any piston that would work, I determined by careful measurement, that 32 mm would work, but it was awfully close to covering the fluid inlet hole that feeds brake fluid from the reservoir to the master cylinder. This is why my drawing showed 32 mm as a maximum dimension.

I am really happy you found a good used one. I found one a while back on Ebay but the seller did not answer any of my questions so I did not buy it, so I am still looking.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts