Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I posted this in another section and was told to come here, i heard that some of you guys might be able to help me. I have this engine (pics attached) and am building an offroader. I dont have the carbs yet or a wiring loom. But all i want to do is to get it going, i dont need any accessories like lights or anything. I am just wondering what year it is or what kind it is, i was told in another thread that it was a GPZ750R 85/86 but i wouldn't have a clue... So does anyone know if any other engine electrics or carbs are compatible?

Please help, and thanks in advance.

View attachment 35370

View attachment 35371

View attachment 35372

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
Me again ;)

I think only the GPZ900R will be compatible for electrics, possibly carbs will work unless there's a bore-spacing problem (2 1/2mm per pot).

Yours is a ZX750G i've since found.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that OneShadeOfGreen, i had a ring-a-round today and found some carbs for $200. So next on the agenda is to get some electrics for it :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the beast home today, had a look on the case and this is the No: ZX750GE001454, is there anyway to find the year from this?

@OneShadeOfGreen: how the heck did you get that it was a ZX750G from just pictures??? :D

Anything will help, cheers

·
Obfuscation Engineer
6,704 Posts
try searching this way " ZX750GE-" without quotes of course

and the official ksw site has more detailed info . http://www.kawasaki.com/Home/Home.aspx > owner info > parts diagrams > fool around in there a bit and you'll find it .

~kop

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that, although i only found GPZ750 was made in '82?

New Q's now :p

What electrics do i need to get it going?

-Coils
-Regulator

All i want it to do is to start, run and charge the battery

1 - 7 of 7 Posts