Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi thought people might be interested in project I had started last Xmas. I live in London UK and bought this off EBAY as a project. Stripped down to frame and got most things powder coated. Have Dyna coils and taylor leads, carbs have stage 3 needles, ledar sloped needle jets and 145 mains. Stainless 4 into 1 and separate SB filters. Has a GSXR 5.5 inch rear wheel zx6 front wheel. New bearings and bushes for suspension with new stanchions etc. As you can see from pic I am fitting a TRIUMPH Daytona seat unit. Today I have sorted out the zx9r clocks and adjusting the tacho so it will read the revs and fitted the double headlight fairing . Daytona seat unit subframe is now fitted so will be now be concentrating on making a new seat so is flush with the tank. Have LED rear light from a Suzuki sv to go under the seat unit

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seat now finished

Have made more progress with the seat now done by joining the front of the gpz seat pan to the Daytona seat pan then shaping foam for a recover. Have also fitted a SUZUKI SV rear LED LIGHT and a zx10 tail tidy. Looking good for now, have late z1000 front mudguard coming to fit and will be chopping the belly pan and middle part of fairing. Have some wiring problems with all 4 led indicators coming on when pushing switch left or right. I have fitted gpx600 switches which join together with the gpz wiring loom but did not check if all wires correspond colour wise. Have also tried to adjust the zx9 tacho for the gpz but cannot get it to read clearly. Have a set of original clocks and will fit tacho from them into ZX9 CLOCKS, well will see if I can

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.