Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the reason i asked this question is because last sunday i met two women , i guess them to be in their mid 50's, at a gas station. they were on vtx 1300 with saddle bags and bungy-corded other gear. in conversation it came out they were from the miami area and had been on the road for almost 5 MONTHS......not a single night in a motel. they bathed at truck stops,ate wherever, slept mostly at truck stops but a few times in hammocks in woods along the road. no hurry to get any where. anyway, i asked them were they not scared to be doing this with all the meaness around? one said..."they won't mess with us but one time ..understand what i mean?" from that i figured they were armed. i'm amazed at those two.:eek:
the above is part of a thread i started in another post. has anyone just taken off and hit the road? it would be fun to think about, but tough to carry off. kinda like that peter fonda movie.

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
I have dreamed of doing just that for years. Looking forward to retiring so that I will have the chance to take off. Longest that I've ever spent of the road was 30 days leave. Sweet.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
When I retire(maybe earlier if possible) I plan to ride around Australia. Good luck to them for doing it and living there life there way.

·
humble pie consumer
3,853 Posts
i've been on several road trips and enjoyed every one. in 2004 i took a trip that had me attending a wedding in minnesota, visiting a friend in new york and riding through parts of florida because i'd never been there. somewhere in georgia i realized i could do this forever and be a happy man. so, i hope to retire in two years and do just that.

these are the states i've traveled to or through so far:

·
Recycled Rider
583 Posts
I went and told my dad I was leaving for a while (after college semester was finished).
Lived in my truck for several months.
Often, I parked outside of towns in wooded areas.
I would wake up, walk around and shoot what I could find for breakfast, cook it up, and be on my way (Oh, in Oklahoma, I could have my guns in the gun rack by my back window and I had my cooking utensiles, etc. in my tool box).
Took my baths in lakes, laundry mats while washing my clothes, etc.
I landed in a town with some relatives. I decided to stay so I lived in my truck while working till I had enough money to go back to living in a stationary box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts