Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased, and read, "Proficient Motorcycling" and "More Proficient Motorcycling" by David Hough. These are, without a doubt, the best riding books with situations, amusing anecdotes, practical instruction, and great photos and diagrams, that I have ever read.

The author consults for the MSF and the AMA, and has a writing style that is enjoyable and easy to read. Riding safely requires constant attention, and the learning process is equally as constant. I like to read books like this a few times a year to keep myself sharp, and make sure I am not developing bad habits. I highly recommend these books for anyone with the same aspirations.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Another book I learned a lot from was Twist of the Wrist: 2 by Keith Code. Its good for the sportbike rider who wants to really advance themself.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ya, the Twist of the Wrist books are GREAT.

·
KZ Kool!
2,819 Posts
Back on Easter I bought a copy of Leanings by long time Cycle World contributor Peter Egan. This isn't a skill building book, rather it is a compilation of many of his feature articles and columns in CW. I don't know how to classify it except that it's good reading.

Few contemporary authors can paint a picture with words as well as Mr. Egan, IMO. I have been a fan of his writing for nearly a quarter century. Like fine wine it is best savored over time rather than consumed all at once.

- Nate >>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts