Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
'08 900 custom
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my front wheel off the other day to take it to the shop and get the new Metz 90/90-21 put on. Well I was trying to get the axle out and man it was a PAIN!!! So it finally came loose after some "convincing" and what do you know, the bearing wasn't spinning and had dug a huge gouge into the axle. WONDERFUL!! I'll have to take some pics when it gets back from the pinstripers. And I've been wondering what the noise was for so long. I thought it was in the speedo, but turns out that the bearing was seized up!

So I called the dealer and they wanted $60 before taxes for the axle. Ok not too insane, but still high. I called Meancycles and they said they couldn't get it but to check out a place they get stuff from. Its called Ron Ayers Motorsports out of North Carolina. I ended up buying the axle from them for $46 shipped to my door. I still hate paying that, but still not too horrible. They have a good parts schematic too for every part. Really good site! So here it is if you're looking for some stock parts.
Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Yeah, I've ordered a lot through them with past bikes. One thing is that some local dealers will math the price. But usually it take my crappy local dealers longer to get the part than just having it shipped to my door from RA.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
as a forum member you can get parts and supplies from our sponsor Beartooth Kawasaki at a discount. I don't know how much of a discount ron ayers gives but supporting the owner of this forum while getting a 10-15% discount does two things. first it gets you gear from a good company with great customer service and it helps keep this place going.

....i'm just saying

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
as a forum member you can get parts and supplies from our sponsor Beartooth Kawasaki at a discount. I don't know how much of a discount ron ayers gives but supporting the owner of this forum while getting a 10-15% discount does two things. first it gets you gear from a good company with great customer service and it helps keep this place going.

....i'm just saying

+++++++10000000000000000000

·
Registered
27 Posts
+1 with supporting the site sponsors, and you can always do better than the local dealer unless you live near Beartooth.

·
Rolling with the big dogs
1,019 Posts

....i'm just saying
duh, great idea! Don't mind me, i'm a bit slow :tongue:

·
'08 900 custom
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

....i'm just saying
Good to know! Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts