Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looks like my garage but it's hotter, a literal oven in the Texas heat. I have to work at night and early morning.
It’s the cold of the winters we have to worry about over here in the UK!
I’m living on the south coast so it’s warmer than when I lived further north.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have a green GPz 750 too.

This one is actually a kind of 'grass green' but shows up on computer screens as more yellow than green. In real life its definitely a green.

·
Registered
274 Posts
That GPX 750R is by far the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden. It handles quite well too. I just did not care at all for the original black colour scheme and it needed a paint job anyway so it became green.
Funny thing that I discovered while tuning it, I recorded the sound of it at various rpm's. My oldest son who does DJ work for weddings gave me some 'sound software' so I played the engine sound with a bunch of frequencies removed. There was a high pitched squeel in the frequency adjusted sound track. I discovered that it was the alternator drive belt not being correctly adjusted (too loose). Fixed that little problem lickety split. With the software you could hear every valve open and close. Somehow though I lost that software, could have been a demo ware version. In future tuning by sound will be my go to if I can get the correct software again. Tuning toys for bikes. I also made myself a digital carb tuner for 4 carbs runs from a RPi 4 SBC using low cost BMP 280 pressure sensors (vacuum down to 19 inches mercury) with accuracy to 0.4014 inH2O (1 hPa). Next is to attach 4 Type K thermocouples to each exhaust pipe. So then I'll be able to adjust the carbs perfectly, I hope. Wanna buy one? My motorcycle invention. I could make one for approx. $500CDN. If you have your own RPi 3 or 4, $100 less.

·
Registered
274 Posts
In case any of you 'inventors' out there are interested here is the spec sheet for the Bosch BMP280 pressure sensor and a few pics of the setup. I wrote the code for it via python to run on a Raspberry Pi computer. 3D printed the sensor chip housing too. It uses the RPi SPI bus and updates reading from each sensor every 100msec or so. The temperature readings from the BMP280 are useless, not enough range ( and no way to attach to the exhaust pipe), so thats why I went to a Type K thermocouple attached to each exhaust pipe. Analog to digital converter in the RPi converts the temperature readings. Just give me credit if you use my ideas, thanks.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts