Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.. i'm a new member here in this forum and i'm from malaysia.. i own a 1995 ZZR250 that has been fully modded.. i would like to learn more about the modifications of this bike in your part of the world.. thanx for accepting me here.. i'm an active member in a biker's forum in my country and it's really a great pleasure to be one of yours too.. thanx.. :D

a picture of my bike..

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
welcome, and I have to say, that has got to be one of the nicest looking 250s I've ever seen, At first glance I thought it was a GP bike! Anyway, welcome to the forums and safe riding.

Peter

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx ZX-10R Urza and bikeaholic for your comments and for your warm welcome.. i really appreciate em.. :D

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
250's

AWESOME BIKE!!! WHY can't we have a 250 like this in the United States...I hope that we eventually do...and for those of you in the realm of a 250 is justa great starter bike...HA! I'd ride something like this for the rest of my life! Besides being FAST (to fast) it looks like a real bike should...gee, and it only a 250...
XXR9099--I get a lot of kidding and such about my "push" for better 250's and that they are not just a great Learners or beginners bike...Thank you for being on the FORUM...Ihape that we have lots of time on email and PM as well as the FORUM...seems I have a lot to learn...some anyway...
ZX-2R

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx a lot ZX-2R.. it would be my great pleasure to share my experiences on this forum.. btw, u can read bout the specs of my bike in the Kawasaki Streetbikes / Sportbikes Section.. it's in the top speed topic.. :D

basically, it's just a fully modded street legal version of your ZZR250 over in the States.. i just gave it a lil bit of GP colour scheme to make it more favorable on the tracks.. haha.. trust me, it's more than a beginners or learners bike.. :D

great to be a part of this forum,

Azraai Z.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
GP BIKE

Azraai Z. , We don't even get the ZZR-250 in the STATES. IT is a beautiful bike! I'm considered as one of the guys that is always trying to get poeple to buy the 250...and I get all kinds of "it's a great learners bike, or it's to small, or people will outgrow it in 6 months..." I think that Kawasaki is purposely using it as just an introductory bike and losing a valuable piece of equipment for the bikers that have been riding for 30+ years that know what a 250 could do 30 years ago and with todays technology, like the 125 and 250 GP technology they could have a serious market and crowd following...yet they don't want to mainstreme either the technology or the styling and have just set teh bike out for beginners. In sport bikes the EX500 (ninja 500R) same bike, is about the same thing...you can't get a "real" sport bike till you jump up to the ZX-6R or the ZX-6RR. Seeing a bike like yours inspires me to continue my writing to Kawasaki Japan, Kawasaki USA, Kawasaki Europe, Kawasaki Canada, even Kawasaki Austrlia. The bikes and technology are available, just not here in the US. Sometimes it's a losing battle...but you and your bike have given me a hint of further hope...not to give up. Worst caase scenerio, I'll just have to start ordering peices, and parts...and keep looking at your bike for hte strength to carry on...
Lindsey J. Angell

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
You know that reminds me of sometihng I saw on C/D (car and driver). There is a certain honda civic that is quite fast, but isn't offered in the U.S. so they imported a bunch of parts and put them on a U.S. civic. worked great, maybe you could do the same :wink: .

Peter.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
TARRIFFS

I believe the way to get around the tarrif is to purchace in parts and not in a complete unit. so technically if a bike was to be delivered in two seperate crates instead of one... I'm not sure how the Title would work...Technically though in the State of Kansas, under the Statutes section 8, three wheels is a trike/motorcycle. there are certain laws, but the rules and such are pretty well spelled out. Building a Tadpole, 2 wheels up front and just having an engine transmission and swingarm behind the seat is entirely legal. Shaft drive, chain drive, any size motor above a certain horsepower is okay. Technically a 250 would work...but so could anything else...from a 250cc to a 502CID chevy big block...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts