Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Waiting for happy hour
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search before I posted this and didn't see much....is there anything I need to be careful with? I have replaced grips on my ATV but never a cruiser. Any tips or is it easy?

·
Registered
200 Posts
never done it on a cruiser but I have on a sportbike. If you use a superglue type liqued to help slid on a hold the grip that just becareful of the mess. It tends to go everwhere. Other than that it should not be to difficult

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
If you are getting Kury's, get the type for the Vulcan instead of the universal. That will save you having to deal with gluing the new grip onto your throttle tube.

Glue inside the throttle tube is a very bad thing.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Piece of cake with the custom-fits. I used a dental pic w/a 90 degree end to release the cables after slackening them at the adjustment, after all said and done, cables on and adjusted, switch box back together, etc. throttle side took around 15 min. I cut-off the LH grip, cleaned and re-glued new one on - about 7 minutes.

·
Registered
863 Posts
as a lube or adhesive?

Adhesive. First thing to do when you get new grips is toss the silly glue in the trash. Use Rave4 hairspray and have a little time to set the grips right.
Let dry about an hour before use.
Installing grips shouldn't be like you're on a game show. :biggrin:

·
Registered
85 Posts
thank you acc,,,if youy need them on quick it acts as a lube and adhesive 2 for 1

·
Registered
85 Posts
thats one of the first things i did when i got my bike was change the grips

·
Registered
128 Posts
I put the Kury's comfort grips and don't like them. How do you get them back off since you can't just cut them off cause of the metal ribs?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts