Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so i have a .22 savage LR, its a woodchuck killer. I want open sights on it but i hate the ones that came with it. Does anyone have any suggestions and maby a place to buy them. I was thinking about buckhorn but i dont know where i can get them. Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
While we are on the subject...

I have an old Winchester model 94 that has a front sight that is out of alignment and of course it can't shoot straight. It is mounted in a dovetail slot. I haven't the first clue on on how to re-align it. Is there a special tool for installing/removing/aligning a front sight in a dovetail slot?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I have an old Winchester model 94 that has a front sight that is out of alignment and of course it can't shoot straight. It is mounted in a dovetail slot. I haven't the first clue on on how to re-align it. Is there a special tool for installing/removing/aligning a front sight in a dovetail slot?
I think you just drive it out with some taps from a hammer. Im not sure though. I think thats how im going to get my old one out.

·
Registered
281 Posts

A brass drift, a small hammer, and a non-marring surface is all you need.

A few light taps should scoot the sight back where it's supposed to be. And the brass won't scuff up the gun's finish.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you do not want to beat on your rifle, you can get this tool
MidwayUSA - B-Square Front Sight Pusher for Dovetail Sights
It hooks over the sight and then uses pressure to adjust it instead of blunt force. Of course, I always use a brass hammer and punch to do it because I am too impatient to wait for it to get here and after I am done, I forget about it until the next time I end up needing one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts