Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done it yet? I wondering if it can be done and a fiberglass sleeve be inserted for better sound.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I gutted the pipes on the 1600 Meanstreak and I regretted it big lost of power and torque. More souind but not worth the performance decrease.
The caddman mod adds alot of sound to the bike without changing the exhaust.

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
I gutted the pipes on the 1600 Meanstreak and I regretted it big lost of power and torque. More souind but not worth the performance decrease.
The caddman mod adds alot of sound to the bike without changing the exhaust.
--was considering on a 'limited' debaffling on my 1700--drilling some holes in the baffle end plates, but I dont want to take a hit on hp or tq. I am surprised u took such a big hit with a complete debaffle. :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
--was considering on a 'limited' debaffling on my 1700--drilling some holes in the baffle end plates, but I dont want to take a hit on hp or tq. I am surprised u took such a big hit with a complete debaffle. :(
As soon as you drill any holes you loose power, on the Bully website they say adding after market pipes to a meanstreak reduces Hp's by 15%. You need to open up the air intake first before touching the exhaust, I learned this first hand. Here the the Bully site link

GMan Industries | Built By Bikers For Bikers | Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Custom, Mean Streak, Classic, Nomad - Fuel Injection Contro

·
Registered
230 Posts
Carefull how loudly you guys talk about loud pipes around here guys. There are certain Northern trolls that like to disrupt that type of thread. Having said that.
Are you going to post pics and perhaps a video when and if you do it? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts