Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent picked up my new Meanie yet, but the dealer says to save money on new pipes and to keep the heat from stopping me about the noisy after maket pipes, I should take out the baffles and some other thing, to make the bike sound louder, have a nicer note, but still look stock. Good idear?

·
Registered
67 Posts
gutting pipes

I'd be surprised if this is possible, if they're anything like the 1600 classic pipes there's prolly a catalyzer built in that won't be removable and blocks as much sound as the baffles.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Agree buy pipes. I removed the catalyzer as a first step and it did give it a better sound, but not even close to after market pipes, plus taking the baffles out normally looks second hand - the back end never come out looking good.

·
Registered
148 Posts
GOT PIPES? I will be doing my conversion of pipes,mapping and filters when I put it up for the winter.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
I agree with the rest of them . New Pipe's. The only time you need to spend with the stocker's , is the time you spend taking them off for the new pipe's. Now let's go shopping , I love spending other people's money. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts