Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Red is Faster
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sunday in a small town. pulled the plugs on the p700. fouled. called mc auto parts. parts monkey tells me they don't stock that plug cause it's too new. 3 year old plug # is too new...

now i have time and a reason to pull the carbs off the ltd

·
Red is Faster
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehehehe

he was the manager...

it gets worse from there...

the others might just ask what color the vehicle is if you ask for oil...

·
Registered
730 Posts
Tina, I don't think $50 would be enough to work for someone like that!!

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Nope, I'd get fired the first day, I'd know too much!
So would I. I'm a certified universal a/c repairmen. Working as industrial labor who happens to like bikes.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
sunday in a small town. pulled the plugs on the p700. fouled. called mc auto parts. parts monkey tells me they don't stock that plug cause it's too new. 3 year old plug # is too new...

now i have time and a reason to pull the carbs off the ltd
Check the car parts stores. They can usually get them quicker and may have those plugs in stock.

·
Red is Faster
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the store is O'Reilly's. i call them McAuto cause they trade back and forth with McDonalds for employees.

they try. last week i went in there looking for a body plug. mgr didn't know what it was. i explained to him they are plastic disks you pop into a hole to seal it up, like on the floorboard under the mats. he didn't understand. i don't expect them to give technical advice, rudimentary knowledge of a car/truck would help. i went to napa, old guy works there. dug around behind the counter and pulled out a shoe box of misc stuff, including body plugs.
I'll call napa monday morn for the spark plugs. :)

·
Red is Faster
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh, and the carbs are off the ltd and will be on their way to wiredgeorge for rebuilding. and i didn't break anything today...

yet

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Days not over. Stay where you're at! LOL

Wiredgeorge is the bomb, let me know what you think of them when you get them back.

·
Gear Head
434 Posts
You could always call my Autozone, we actually have decently intelligent employees, and can give you our part # for anything we have so you can get it local.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
the store is O'Reilly's. i call them McAuto cause they trade back and forth with McDonalds for employees.

they try. last week i went in there looking for a body plug. mgr didn't know what it was. i explained to him they are plastic disks you pop into a hole to seal it up, like on the floorboard under the mats. he didn't understand. i don't expect them to give technical advice, rudimentary knowledge of a car/truck would help. i went to napa, old guy works there. dug around behind the counter and pulled out a shoe box of misc stuff, including body plugs.

Call them for the body plugs, too. If they don't have them, they can order them. But even NAPA is going downhill. Try to talk to the oldest guy with the least teeth.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

i hate o reillys with a passion they are harrassing my daughter and son in law consantly( they are the ones that the truck belonged to that caused the wreck they was in at thanksgiving) 2 days after the wreck their lawyers was calling them. they had to go and get a lawyer just so they would leave them alone!!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Local

You could always call my Autozone, we actually have decently intelligent employees, and can give you our part # for anything we have so you can get it local.
That's the way to do it. No shipping and handling charges. I do the same thing. Most of the time, Advance Auto will get the part for me as long as I can supply them a manufacturer and a model #.

·
Red is Faster
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Buddy of mine that has a truck repair shop has begged me to retire from the patch and open an Autozone, are they franchised? Napa may be an option, he’s thinking ‘bout retiring.

I just don’t think I want a 9-5 job.

Yet…

1 - 19 of 19 Posts