Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scared one too many commuters, probably will save it for Halloween only. Should of seen the looks I got going to work. Funny. The visor is a see through sticker and the cover is a cotton with elastic that fits over the helmet from a company called skull skins.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Wear it all the time, they need to be scared!

Can you see through the visor OK? I thought about buying one, just didn't know if I could see out of it.

·
The Widows Son
9,126 Posts
Haahahhahahahh thats hysterical! At least you know they saw you...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seeing through the sticker is ok, it's kind of like looking through a very fine mesh screen, kind of distracting. That's probably the reason I wouldn't wear it all the time. But on occasion when I'm in the mood it's very fun.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Very cool! Thanks for pointing these out! :smile:

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I was about to get a SkullSkin myself until I saw that they were fabric....kinda turned me off to them until I could see one up close. So I guess it just kinda stretches over and fastens underneath? I think I might have to pick one up for my HJC. By the way what kind of helmet did you attach it to? Very cool looking! :)
-S

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Unfortunately its 50 bucks after you get the skin, the visor sticker and shipping.

For whatever reason shipping doubles when you buy the sticker (yeah I bet a sheet of vinyl costs 6 bucks to ship).

·
Registered
437 Posts
Finally, a reviewer! A question:

Can you see the helmet colors through them? I could vote it for one of the best web sites period.

I think one of the best deals out there in a long time for helmets, I love the venom look.

I have been considering one of of these for a while. That and motovationracing.com I think has the clown one.

clown:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was about to get a SkullSkin myself until I saw that they were fabric....kinda turned me off to them until I could see one up close. So I guess it just kinda stretches over and fastens underneath? I think I might have to pick one up for my HJC. By the way what kind of helmet did you attach it to? Very cool looking! :)
-S
I have mine on a Shoei RF-1000

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally, a reviewer! A question:

Can you see the helmet colors through them? I could vote it for one of the best web sites period.

I think one of the best deals out there in a long time for helmets, I love the venom look.

I have been considering one of of these for a while. That and motovationracing.com I think has the clown one.

clown:

You can't see colors from behind, but the fine screen grid can take some getting used to. As long as you focus ahead as you should it's not bad, but get target fixation and it will hose you up a little. I am thinking about the US flag too as I would be inclined to wear that more often then the one I have.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unfortunately its 50 bucks after you get the skin, the visor sticker and shipping.

For whatever reason shipping doubles when you buy the sticker (yeah I bet a sheet of vinyl costs 6 bucks to ship).
That's one huge reason I don't have three or 4 different ones. While the material is very high quality I'm thinking they could be 25% cheaper and still have a good margin for the seller.

Doesn't seem it should be that expensive to have the designs done. The sticker alone is 13.95 and that feels a little steep to me too.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
That's one huge reason I don't have three or 4 different ones. While the material is very high quality I'm thinking they could be 25% cheaper and still have a good margin for the seller.

Doesn't seem it should be that expensive to have the designs done. The sticker alone is 13.95 and that feels a little steep to me too.
Exactly. I'm in the market for a new helmet so while 50 dollars could be a lot towards a closeout, I'm considering getting a skin for my BMX helmet. Mines just flat black and kind of boring. :smile:

·
<3
1,312 Posts
hey, u may have been getting funny looks....but at least they actually saw you! i bet no one could miss that going down the road! lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts