Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after i was told the news by my insurance Adjuster that my ninja 500 is and forever will be considered a total loss, I am now looking into purchasing a newer, Upgraded Bike.
I was coming around a turn and the *** end slid out on me. I wasn't going that fast so very minor injuries on my part, but I cant say that much for the bike. What I am now looking for is some opinions on an upgrade. I am looking at either a 2008 zzr6 or the 2009 650r. any pros and cons on these bikes would be appreciated. I like the looks of both. the comfort level of the zzr6 feels very nice. Just am undecided. Both would be brand new, 0 miles. purchase prices are within a couple hundo. so not really an issue. been riding for quite a while so I feel secure enough to handle both. just lookin for some info.

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
I ride an 07 650R and love it. Handles well, not revvy, will get on it when I need it to, cruises nicely at about 65-70. Have had it up to 105, but had to pull back when it felt like the wind was going to pick me up by my helmet. I've kitted it up for touring - handlebar risers, tall windscreen, hard cases and topbox, Alaska Leather seat pad, frame sliders. Tours very comfortably, but is all the "sportbike" you could want. Can carve the curves much better and quicker than I'm comfortable with.

Good luck - post pics when you get something!

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. I went to make a decision on the ZZR today. I went to the dealer and trying to get him to go below 6,000 on the bike. walked out to see what the next day brings. wondering if he'll go lower. Bikes worth it but just trying to see if he'll budge. So as of right now no new bike. Thanks for the Welcome. And I will post a pic as soon as I can

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
how bad is it, maybe you can buy it salvage and rebuild it

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Good for you on the waiting game. Most people don't use that type of restraint. Looks like you've made your decision, but I was gonna toss in one more vote for the 650R. LOVED everything about mine.

·
'09 Vulcan 900 Custom
906 Posts
One more for the 650r.

The zzr is a much older design and is much revier. The 650 is a smoother machine and more versatile.

ZZR is still a fun ride though. More of a "sport" bike than the 650 I suppose.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be picking it up Monday and riding it home ( I Hope). weather is calling for showers that day. otherwise the next clear day wont be till Wednesday. Getting impatient waiting. It really sucks not being able to ride when I want. It's been about a month since I lost my bike. Maybe I'll go and visit her over the weekend. :-D (just to make sure shes ok) :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just Got home with my Baby... She is Definitely the bike I was looking for. First thing I noticed pulling out of the dealers lot was the increase in torque compared to the 500R I had previously. Another thing I love is the smoothness of the shifting. The only thing I am looking to do now would be adding the Two Brothers Exhaust. Other than that, IMO the bike is perfect. Gonna Have Some Fun This Summer. :)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Thats just a stock picture of a Zzr....I wnat a pic of YOUR zZr

I got a few more seasons before I want to try somthing in the sports section with that much BHP. I am comfortable going 0-60 in the 9 seconds on my 250 for now

And yeah....its been al ong day just on a 5 minutes supper break

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Thats just a stock picture of a 650r...I wnat a pic of YOUR 650r

I got a few more seasons before I want to try somthing in the sports section with that much BHP. I am comfortable going 0-60 in the 9 seconds on my 250 for now
I'm sure you meant to say ZZR600...not 650r ;) But yes...we very much so prefer pics of the actual bike...not factory photos.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
o.k. charged the camera battery.... here ya go :) As far as the previous post on the "650R", I noticed that too but you beat me to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I look forward to the Great weather we're supposed to be getting this week. Having fun with her so far. Still need to be broken in so I don't want to open the throttle too much. But love the power it has. Yeah, Ill be definitely enjoying the ride. :)

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
just remember to get familier with the increase in torque and power...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts