Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys handle it?
My right hand goes numb after only a short time riding. It's very annoying.

Sounds like it might be carpal tunnel...

Your thoughts?

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Do you have any bar vibration? Are the bars at a stock height?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, no vibration, and yup stock height.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Numbness in the hand while riding can be caused by gripping the throttle too tight, leaning on the throttle and restrictive gloves to name a few. Try this. Rest the ball of your hand on the forward part of the throttle. Don't squeeze. I also allow two (you may use one or three) fingers to rest on the brake lever holding the throttle with only my index finger and thumb.

IMHO you are squeezing the throttle to tight.

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
If you have Kuryakyn ISO grips, a throttle boss can help. On the stock grips you can use a Cramp-buster (about $10). But what E-J said is good advice...deathgrip on the throttle will numb the hand for sure. I have had issues with numbness all along. My next solution to try is weighted bar ends. Good luck...

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
I was coming in to recommend the Throttle Boss - it lets you relax your fingers by taking some of the pressure on your wrist instead. Well worth the bucks.

I see I was beaten to the recommendation so I'll just double it.

·
Lets Ride 08 900 Custom
852 Posts
Yeah, get a throttle boss, and look into a vista cruise throttle lock to go with it. It allows you to let go with the throtle hand and shake the blood back down into the fingers.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Gel/thicker/better fitting gloves? I was in a store and a fellow was complaining that this pair of gloves put his hands to sleep.

Brian

·
just cruzin by!
1,398 Posts
How do you guys handle it?
My right hand goes numb after only a short time riding. It's very annoying.

Sounds like it might be carpal tunnel...

Your thoughts?
cramp buster,take a look

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the same problem and found a palm throttle ( cramp buster etc) and found that by putting my thumb on top with the rest of the hand it solved the problem. This is the best investment ($10.00) i have put on the bike for the money and the results.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
10-4 on the cramp buster. I have a vists cruise on my bike to but the cramp buster is great for the areas you cant use a crusie. I still find myself ocasionaly gripping to tight and the hand get numb.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have K. grips with throttle boss and vista cruise. Fat spongy grip and no reason to grip hard. I did see somewhere a person was selling gloves padded in a way to prevent pressure on the carpel tunnel. Made sence and looked good.

·
Politicians' Nightmare
1,871 Posts
I have Throttle Rockers on both grips - take the strain off fingers, especially on the throttle hand. Probably the same concept as other throttle strain relief devices suggested here. Can be adjusted easily as they mount with Velcro fasteners.

·
Elmer
281 Posts
Gel padded gloves may help. Used commonly when using string trimmers and chain saws.
As mentioned earlier just opening the fingers and laying them over the front brake or clutch levers will help to get circulation going again. The relief can be almost instant.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts