Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove by a local dealer today to see that they are having moving sale....all in stock helmets are 35% off, as well as all accessories, so I picked up some new comfy hand grips for under 10 bucks. I cant get the screw out of the end of the handle bar. Does anyone know why it is in there so friggen tight?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Before you round of the screw heads,use an impact driver to loosen them. If you think those are tight wait til you need to remove the screws on the carb bowl :cry:

·
Registered
54 Posts
its a pain but you can remove and install new ones without removing the ends. just lube them up and they will slide right on. not too much though cause they wont sit right

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Grips

Carefully cutting them off...then applying liquid soap to the insides of the new grips...they will slide right on and stay locked in place, give them a day or so to dry.

·
Registered
380 Posts
r409z said:
I went to a local auto shop in town and borrowed their tools...New grips are a small price yet major improvement over stock.
Might I ask what brand and type you bought? I'm thinking of swapping out my own, but still not sure what kind to get.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hey no sweat... priorities are priorities. Just was curious. I've been wanting new grips for a while, just not sure which ones to get.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts