Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a certain brand or type of handlebar riser for the Vulcan 1500 Classic? I'm lookiing at web sites, and I really can't tell what differentiates different brands and styles. :(

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Spok. Yep, that's the sort of thing I'm looking for. My old bike had mini apehangers on it, and I really liked them. The stock bars on my 1500 Classic feel too low and too far away. I'm torn between changing out the handlebars and getting the risers. There doesn't seem to be much difference in the cost.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I got my risers from http://www.scootworks.com/

They're polished aluminum- not chrome, but these risers are called Phatrisers and live up to their name. I wouldn't mind a little more pull back from handlebars too, but mainly this is because I lean so far back when I'm cruising. :wink:

Phatboy

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Phatboy. I was wondering about the difference between the solid piece and the risers that have two pieces. I like the look of those!

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Julie ,here's a couple of other sites that have riser's that will work. www.shermscycleproducts.com Here's another www.dragspecialties.com nice 1500 by the way. I hope you can enjoy it a little before the storm . Snowed up here last night so you'll probably get it today. The only bad thing about a new bike in the winter is having to much time that you can't ride it . But you can spend money on mod's , thats why I think it cost more to own a bike in the winter than in the summer.<BG> From the mod,s you plan on doing in your other post an the riser's in this one ,You've already spent about $1000.00 an you haven't had the bike 24 hrs. See I told you they cost more in the winter.(LOL)

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, woodchucks!

I know what you mean about spending money during the winter. My hubby's going nuts looking at accessories, too. :) But at least we don't have to figure out Christmas gifts for each other this year. We already got our gifts!

Fortunately, we have lots of mild days in the winter here. As long as there's not a ton of gravel on the roads, I plan to not winterize my bike and keep it ready for riding. Have to get a trickle charger, though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
One nice thing about bars rather than risers is you can get ones that route the cables internally. Makes for a slick look IMHO.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Hi Julie,

Wanted to let you know , we use the Battery Tender products and isntalled their permanent leads so it 's park and plug in. They worked well all last wirnter. www.crusiercustomizing.com has them or www.batterytender.com. It's a computerized monitoring system so it monitors and only charges when necessary and won't over -oxidize the plates in the battery, which would be a bad thing. Some of the local shops, like Colorado Powersports or tothers stock these. I don't recall if anyone had them at the International Motorcycle show in Denver last year, which BTW was great. Enjoy your new ride.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Bill! I really appreciate the info.

·
Registered
302 Posts
risers

Julie,
Congrats on the 02 1500 , you will love it more each time you take it out. I also moved up from the 800A to an 02 classic fi . Mine only had 700 miles on it when I bought it! The first thing I added was Phat Risers from scoot works. They are GREAT. I'm 5"6 and had to have my arms almost fully extended with the stock risers. The Phat Risers alow you to sit more upright and are very comfortable with a slight bend to your arms(more like the 800) Theother good thing about them is that you can use all your stock cables without rerouting witch can be a real pain in the butt. They are mirror polished aluminum and hold their good looks very well.
Enjoy!
Lonestar

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, Lonestar. I ended up ordering the Phat risers. I'm looking forward to putting them on my bike.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Beautiful, Trailryder! I like your clock, too. Where did you get it?

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
jukief said:
Beautiful, Trailryder! I like your clock, too. Where did you get it?
HEY!!! ... I was gonna ask about that clock...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts