Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there put handlebar risers on their V2K or a V2K Classic? If so, could you post some pics and how did they effect your riding position and control of the bike? Thanks.

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
I put PhatRisers II from Scootworks on my V2K Classic. They raise the bars 2.5" and put your grips back 3" closer to you. For me they put the bars right where they should be and the riding position is much more comfortable. I can simply lean back, put my feet up on the highway pegs and enjoy the ride.

Installing them was pretty easy. The only thing I had to do as far as cabling was to reroute the clutch cable behind the triple tree which was no big deal - all the other cabling fit just fine.

When I first put them on I had the handlebars adjusted way down so they set real low. But the handling seemed a little weird through the turns so I adjusted them up higher and now the bike handles perfectly. It just glides through the turns.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I put the riser extensions from Scootworks on my LT, 2" rise and about 1.5" pullback. I'd added a Corbin Dual-Tour seat, which dropped me an inch and back an inch. I like this combo, if I lean back just a hair I can "lock" my elbows straight out. Sit up straight, and my arms are slightly more relaxed. I'm 5' 10", and the rise is comfortable. Course I never cared for a lot of pullback, either.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys..... a buddy of mine just got some 16" apes and they just look like they'll be a little too high for me. The risers look like a much better option... plus the cables he has to get will be over $300....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts