Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched and searched have not found a good sight that deals with proper ergonomics on a motorcycle.

specifically i am referring to handle bar width. no doubt too wide, too narrow, too high, too low or the grips being a strange angle are not good. i know they may look cool and all, but for long rides they are just plain uncomfortable.

i have an '08 900 Classic, and i find that the bars are rather wide but i just can't drop several hundred dollars buying various sizes and shapes of bars to find the right fit.

does anyone have an idea and some data to support it?

rwr

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
Check out all the 900 posts, most people seem to find the drag bars most comfortable on those 900's

I think you'll actually find that most are happy once they add an ape or mini ape. I added mini-apes on top of 5" risers and I actually thru my OEM handlebars in the garbage, lol

I dont think you'll find anything that says this width or this bend or this height is the best. no one single height/bend/width is going to the *best*
different bars are going to do different things for different people. its a matter of finding that perfect bar.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no doubt there is different strokes for different folks. just curious to see if someone out there actually came across anything that advised certain specs for optimal riding comfort.

too narrow, too wide or the same width as your shoulders. thanks for the input.

i guess i will just have to sit on and ride other peoples bikes to get a good feel to see if i want to change mine out.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Sit on the bike, balance it between your legs with your butt on the seat. close your eyes, raise your arms over your head then slowly lower them 'til your elbows are at approximately 90 degrees. That's were your grips should be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts