1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Model: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX 6R
Mileage: 15113
Bought it brand new in September 2007

Last week, my bike started shaking pretty harshly when i apply the front brake and go over a certain speed usually 90-100 mph. I am pretty anal about every little noise and a few days before the shaking started, whenever I would reach 100 mph the front cowl would start to vibrate more than the usual vibrations obtained from riding. I thought it was my tires since they have about 8000 miles on them and are looking worn out already (they are michelin pilot powers). However, a similar shaking started to occur when I would brake also, which caused me to think it could be that the front rotors are warped. I started doing some testing and saw that when I apply the front brakes and look down at the front tire, the front forks appear to bounce and move back and forth as if I'm going over hard bumps even though the road is smooth. So now I think it could be that the forks need some looking after but I am not really sure. Do you guys have any ideas?

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
tire (balance/wear), steering stem bearings, fork oil getting old, brake rotors warped from heat, worn brake pads etc... ......personally i would say its your front tire since even you think its wore out...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Sounds like warped rotors.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
First guess would be the tire. If it was a warped rotor I think you would have noticed before now and you haven't mentioned any events that might lead up to a rotor getting warped. Might also check to make sure you have the same pressure in each fork.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts