Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased the Harbor Freight Jack for 60 bucks? Just wondering if there are any concerns about it. I would hate to waste money on this, if I could spend it on mods.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
what kind of jacks, motorcycle jack i sassume. Those I've never used before but have used several different bottle jacks that they sell, with no problems.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
967 Posts
Has anyone purchased the Harbor Freight Jack for 60 bucks? Just wondering if there are any concerns about it. I would hate to waste money on this, if I could spend it on mods.
I bought one back in the summer and have used it to change the oil/filter on my 1500 twice. Works like a charm and I've not had any problems with mine. I even used it to change the tire on my car.

Charles

·
98' 1500 Classic
978 Posts
go in and see how touchy the release is. there was a thread about mc jacks going around on another forum and one of the points one individual made is that when he released it the bike dropped like a rock and almost dropped his bike on its side.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought one of HF's jacks last year. I have used it several times, and it works great. It has a foot release, and although you would not want to just stomp on it, if you use common sense and release it slow, it's works fine.

I did make some custom blocks so the jack mated to the bike the way I wanted. Just used 2x4 blocks, works fine.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
go in and see how touchy the release is. there was a thread about mc jacks going around on another forum and one of the points one individual made is that when he released it the bike dropped like a rock and almost dropped his bike on its side.
My friend bought one that does this...I borrowed it one time to take off rear tire.
Fortunatly...he told me about the release....held on to the bike..but it still dropped like a rock..even when trying to take it easy.

Check out the ones from PepBoys

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Works great for my cruisers esp the V2K

·
Proud Hokie!!
564 Posts
I have this jack from HF:
Harbor Freight Tools - MC Floor Jack

It works great on my 900 as the frame is lower that the pipes. The foot release will drop the bike quick if you are not careful/gentle with it, but if you use a light touch, it lowers it nice and slow.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Have you tried adjusting the screw under the 'Do Not Adjust' cap? If I remember right, and I'd have to go downstairs for a look, I think that is the regulator screw for the bottle jack. It actually sits across the oil path that is opened up by the foot valve on the other side. Load it up with some weight, I just used it to haul salt from my car to the water softner, if you have some of those 40-60 pound bags around you can load it up and pop that cap off. On my previous bottle jack of the same design you actually turned that sucker to drop the ram.

I used mine to change my pulley, worked really well. Mines a Sears unit but the one at Harbor, Pep Boys, Sears and one other it seems are all the same unit in different colors. I saw one that was Purple and Yellow that's the one I can't remember. Sears is Red and Black.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts