Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a harbor freight bike lift to lift their 900 classic LT's. I have used the lift to lift my wife's suzuki boulevard c-50, but the motor on the 900 seems to be as low or lower than the frame rails, so i was afraid the lift-jack would be lifting against the bottom of the engine on the 900, anyone have any experience with this? Also, we have those grease zerts on the very bottom of the swingarm-rear shock that are lower than the frame rails. Thanx

·
Ready for next DOD!
1,974 Posts

·
2005 V2K
1,509 Posts
This is what I did to mine. This is one of the many versions of this jack. I did a write up about it under 900 belt noise. Had a guy weld the pads on for me. It works great. I stored the 9 in the locked position, with a block under one of the tires, over the winter on the jack. The 2K is another matter. A wee bit heavier. I use the jack to lift, and the Pepsx stand to work, and store. Same guy made me blocks for the Pepsx.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought this lift and to my dismay, it doesn't seem to fit! How do you drain the oil when the lift seems to cover up the drain plug? I'm really bummed out about this. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. Also, how did you weld on pads?

·
Politicians' Nightmare
1,871 Posts
The only way I can get mine to work (looks like the Harbor Freight one, but got it at Kragen Auto) is to hold the bike so that it is almost vertical, position the jack so that the rear pad is under the swing arm mounting, and have a strong angle iron on the front pad which is long enough to fit under both frame tubes. There is not enough clearance on mine to do the neat fix done by JacksonW.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hot Cruiser, when you say under the swing arm mount...is that where the grease fittings are? The strong angle iron (with a thin pad of some sort) seems like a good way to go. I was thinking of using tie downs to attach the extenders to the lift. Bad idea?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts