Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased and installed a set of 3 inch big straights from Hard-Krome for my 2004 Vulcan 2000 and all I can say is WOW, these babies sound GREAT, they are very loud (almost to loud) but they really let this bike rumble, has anybody else installed these pipes ? If so I would like to hear what you think of them, also does anybody know if any company makes baffles for these pipes to quiet them down if need be ? If you havent heard them and would like to email me at [email protected] and I would be happy to send you a video clip

Glad to be here

Steve
04 V2K

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a set on a '04 mean streak. The baffles on them are about 6 inches. Don't remove them. I did and it caused several issues. You only think that the pipes are loud now. And, it removes the back pressure. They don't make other baffles. If you want quiter, the only option is more pipes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not rue about the baffles, Hard-Krome with be offering a set of quieter bagffles for these pipes in a few weeks, spoke to them today

Steve :lol:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Re: re

bikeaholic said:
hard krome are the best pipes on the market in my worthless opinion :wink:
How do they stack up against V&H & what makes you think they are the best :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1st of all Hard-Krome does not use a heat shield per say, they are a pipe within a pipe and will never blue, 2nd I think there quality far surpasses V&H and yes I have owned both, 3rd they use a billet aluminum end cap to finish off there pipe so they will never rust, 4th to me they just flat out look better and sound as good if not better ( depending on your taste) but the main reason I bought these over V&H for my V2K is that I simply didnt like what V&H is offering for my bike, now that I have the hard-Krome I dont think I will ever buy V&H again

Steve

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thanks 8)

How do they sound?? I don't want a really loud bike but I want a deep throaty rumble that sounds powerfull yet is not so loud it's anoying.

I have a PD officer, SO officer & a FBI agent all living on my street & don't need to draw any more attention to myself than I already do :D :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are loud so you might want to wait until Hard-Krome comes out with the Quiet Core baffle for these pipes, according to Hard-Krome they cut the decible level in 1/2 but retain that deep throaty v twin rumble that we all love so much, but considering what lives on your block you may just want to keep the stockers on there :D because even the V&H are a loud pipe

Steve
2004 V2K

http://home.earthlink.net/~sjcea/

·
Registered
272 Posts
It's not that I'm "always" twisting the wrist, but since I'm on a local VFD & tend to twist the wrist on nasty calls I'd hate to wake up the neigherbhood early some Sunday AM :p :p :p

Will more than likely wait till they come out with the Quiet Core baffle's before making a decsion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I already have my baffles on order so I should be one of the 1st to get them, I will let you know

Steve

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hummmmmmm Sent them a request for a cataloug & the names of any dealers in my area.

Anybody ever purched them on line & if so from who :?: :?:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have the 3" HK's, they are loud on take off and have a really nice sound when idling. They sound best when bliping them, but that was a whole other thread. Quality unsurpassed, looks, exactly what I wanted, long and clean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts