Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own or heard these on a 1600 classic? Really like the full length look, but the HK website doesn't discuss baffles on this model. I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust that won't set off alarms or neighbors.
Also considering the cobra deluxe slash cut, Or their 2-1 Power pipe. Opinions welcome , Thanks

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I have the Big Straights and they look and sound great. Look at 2-1 pipes if you want the best performance.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm with you bykman. I'm thinking about the K-2's myself, they look good and are comprable to the stock pipes.

G

·
I'm wondering if anyone has done a comparative look at how loud various pipes are on a particular model. I want to put a new set of pipes on my 1600 Classic and am considering Cobra, HK, V&H. I want more noise but not to deafen drivers near me nor awaken the entire town when I fire up in the morning.

My last bike had V&H cruzers and they were loud but not too bad. I've Cobras have a tendentcy to be very loud and that anything that says "drag" on the name will be very loud. Any advice from anyone?

pms

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
motorcyclecruiser.com has some archive tests of systems on a '97 vulcan 1500 and also a roadstar. I heard a set of cobra deluxe slash cuts on an'03 1600 and they were fine at idle and cruise type rpms. Cobra's quality on the chrome was REAL good, they're really improving the product line . Come Monday I'm ordering some pipes that's my new year's resolution. I'm leaning more towards the full length models, I liked the look of the stocker's and think I wanna keep that long pipe look. It's down to K-2's, the new cobra speedster longs, or the power -pro.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts