Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got these for my 16. And they are everything you guys said, great finish, sound, easy install (After I read everyone's tips). It was kinda neat at my dealer's they're like "that's a huge box for those" . It's really amazing that pipes that idle that loud, cruise that quiet. Now some better weather and I'm rolling.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
bykman....happy to hear your satisfied with them. I know I am. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the 3" Staggered Straights, but wasn't familiar with the K-2 pipes. Had to go to their website to look them up. Wow! Great looking pipes! I know how good mine sound. I bet you're loving yours already. Great choice!

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
116 Posts
Can't wait to see the those pixs! I too have decided to get the K-2's.

Did you rejet or remap?

BH:smile:

P.S. Where did you get them and if you don't mind how much did you pay?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Bykman,I hear ya man,Good things for good people!! I'd like to hear 'em! Crank her up!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jimkalfakis said:
Are those the two into one?
No, they're a 2-2. the bend up near the rear whell for ground clearance. Just the pipes for now I'm not unhappy with my bikes' performance just needed some sound. Got'em from my Kawi dealer they give me real good pricing on all accessories for my bike. I won't be able to do a sound file but I'll post pics soon.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Congrats on the new pipes bykman, can't wait to see the pics.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
***SOUND FILE HERE***

RAPPA...RAPPA...RAPPA...RAPPA...RAPPA...POTATO...POTATO...POTATO...RAPPA...RAPPA...:) LOL......Sorry guys...I couldn't help myself.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
whistle clean said:
***SOUND FILE HERE***

RAPPA...RAPPA...RAPPA...RAPPA...RAPPA...POTATO...POTATO...POTATO...RAPPA...RAPPA...:) LOL......Sorry guys...I couldn't help myself.
shoulda known that was coming !

congrats on the pipes Bykman, glad to hear that you are happy with what you chose.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I couldn't find "K-2"s. What are they??? I am goin with the 3" Equalizer staggered straights I think, when I can afform 'em. I can't wait!!! Congrats on your pipes btw.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hey Whistle, nice sound file !!! :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congrats!!! I can't wait to see the picture. I don't know what k2 pipes look like. The picture may not do the sound file justice. That was a good one Whistle.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
LOL.....I was having a little trouble with the sharper tones....but after a little practice it just came out. :)

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Alex214 said:
I couldn't find "K-2"s. What are they??? I am goin with the 3" Equalizer staggered straights I think, when I can afform 'em. I can't wait!!! Congrats on your pipes btw.
Alex go to www.hardkrome.com look under the 1600

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
whistle clean said:
***SOUND FILE HERE***

I could be wrong but judging the sound...you might be running a little lean on the #2 cyclinder

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thank you, Woodchuck :smile:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Wow, nice! Look like Big Straights with some added curves.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Alex214 said:
Wow, nice! Look like Big Straights with some added curves.
Yea Alix they do look good. The kicker's for the 800 are similiar .I still think the HK's are some of the nicest looking pipes out there. Just don't know if there the best sounding on all the bikes thar are out there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts