Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone give feedback on this exhaust system? looks like the v&h propipe. was wondering how loud this system is and how it affects performance. is there a performance or sound difference with a 2:1 pipe vs drag style pipes? really like the look of the fat pipe but don't want to blow the neighbors ears out either. does the same exhaust fit 05 fi as the recent carb models? will i have to use a power commander type mod or will it run ok with just the exhaust? does this void my warranty? thanks for feedback. its great to learn from all of your experience! cj

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
The 2-1 systems will give the best performance. I have the HK 3" Big straights on my 1600 which are a 2-2 pipe. You should not need a powercommander or other FI controller for just pipes. Changing the pipes shouldn't void the warranty.

Try : http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ for rider reviews on different pipes. You might even find a member near you so you can see and hear the pipes in person.

Did I miss anything?? The HK pipes are nice. I like the Sideburner better than the xccelerator if you want 2-1.

Some one step in and correct me if Im wrong on this- but from what I've read 2-2 systems provide better low end torque and the 2-1 will generate more hp on the top end.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

dyno's i've seen indicate that to be true-2/1= more ponies in the upper rpm's

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
time to break out the plastic

thanks for info. saw these pipes on ebay for $250 (3 pairs at dk outlet!). dont have $ to do other performance mods yet but looks like too good of a deal to pass up. i was curious about needing other mods as some had indicated that they had decell backfire w/ v&h propipe. had to search under members with different bikes at cc to find reviews of this exhaust but overall seemed like favorable ratings (seemed like all thought they were pretty loud though). can anyone explain the theory behind performance differences 2:1 vs 2:2 exhausts? is it all based on backpressure or does the combo affect something else? cj

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the search continues..santee pipes?

thanks for the link. it helped me understand the differences between 2:1 and 2:2 pipes. talked to the guys at hk about the xccellerator before placing my order and they indicated that i should wait for new pipe coming out soon for 05 vulcan. they did not recommend getting the one for the 04 and said i should add a power commander at the same time. the tech also indicated that the xcellerator is louder that their drag pipes. saw santee pipes at j&p cycles but cannot find any reviews of them anywhere. has anyone seen or heard these pipes? cj

1 - 6 of 6 Posts