Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 vulcan 900 custom and I have vance and hine slashcut staggereds on it and a power comander 3. ever since the dealer put the pc3 on it it has been harder starting when its cold. Now I have added a kuryakyn hypercharger on it and its even harder to start. before all the add ons i would barely touch the starter button and it would fire. now it takes 3-5 tries and then it goes. once warmed up it starts bettter but not perfect, more like 2 tries and it fires. Can someone please help me out I am pulling my hair out. thanks

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
That's about the only negative thing about the PCIII. You have to press the on switch for about 2-3 seconds and let go once it starts. If you let go before then you're back to square one. The PCIII is powered by your injectors so that's the cause for this but there is a mod you can do to the power so full current goes thru all the times and it starts right away. I haven't done it but others have so just search around here and i'm sure you'll find something.

Also depending on your area cold weather could be another reason for the slow start especially if you leave the bike outside.

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Same deal with my VN2000. Just hold the button down, or hit it within 1-2 seconds of turning the key.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts