Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Air Force Vet
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading motorcycle daily and they reported that on nov 23 harley took 562 million dollars of bailout money. Why dont they use that money to help the wounded vets coming back from 2 wars so they dont have to beg and wait months or years for help!!

Harley made 20 BILLION over the last 10 years where did it go some forign bank? GM, and other corporate welfare giants had been losing money for years Harley is still making millions why should they get a **** bailout when vets and there familys cant get the money they earned!!!! How about bailing them out or others that Need the help!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Was reading motorcycle daily and they reported that on nov 23 harley took 562 million dollars of bailout money. Why dont they use that money to help the wounded vets coming back from 2 wars so they dont have to beg and wait months or years for help!!

Harley made 20 BILLION over the last 10 years where did it go some forign bank? GM, and other corporate welfare giants had been losing money for years Harley is still making millions why should they get a **** bailout when vets and there familys cant get the money they earned!!!! How about bailing them out or others that Need the help!!!!!!
The bailout program is a kick in the groin/slap in the face etc., to all Americans. Our tax dollars spent without care or concern of the debt our children will be forced to live with. But I suppose as usual after we have listened to the players long enough we will again be convinced that it was the right thing to do...how sad...it is ultimately our own fault.

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
The bailout program is a kick in the groin/slap in the face etc., to all Americans. Our tax dollars spent without care or concern of the debt our children will be forced to live with. But I suppose as usual after we have listened to the players long enough we will again be convinced that it was the right thing to do...how sad...it is ultimately our own fault.
I agree, and I am one who believes that it is up to us as citizens to stand for what is right for out country and stop listening to politician BS and speak out. Keep writing letters to our leaders, followed by phone calls, and when possible show up in public. Do not protest the war, whether or not you agree with it our military is over there risking their lives so support them, and start speaking out on the real issues we have. Our government is trying to do what they want without listening to the people. Isn't that what started the revolutionary war, governmentation without representation. Even though we are ellecting them, they are not representing us, once they get in office they are doing what they want and not listening to our outcry.

Ok rant over. Sorry.

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
DERAIL for a second: Hey Idaho, what part are you from? I used to live in Lewiston.

·
Crazed Zed-head
2,076 Posts
I'm not so sure TALF is the same thing as the GM bailout, etc. If I'm reading the info correctly, it is a colateral backed loan, not a handout like the first bailout.

Maybe some finance expert can chime in, straighten us out?

Blurb: (Bailout #2 refers to TALF in the article, BTW. Also, the bold emphasis is mine.)

Bailout #2, which consequently will not be tapped from our pockets rather from printing of more money, is known by some as the consumer bailout, and also a refocused plan to more-so help financial markets dealing with consumer asset-backed securities like auto loans, credit-card debt, and student loans. The new consumer program will allocate $200 billion by the Federal Reserve to security holders of consumer backed debt, essentially doing this will insure the debt if a borrower defaults. And backing the backers, the Treasury department will provide $20 billion from the $700 billion from bailout #1 funds to safeguard losses the Federal Reserve will incur.

Source link:
The Difference Between TARP and TALF -- Seeking Alpha

·
Politicians' Nightmare
1,871 Posts
Bailouts or loans to Wall St., banks, businesses, etc. - it's all borrowed and will need to be repaid with interest. With luck some more will be repaid by the lending recipients. But I agree with Drifter's complaint - while all of this is going on the VA is a shambles of underfunding and while our politicians are all too happy to send people overseas to fight in questionable wars, they all too often are not prepared to deal with the consequences of having to care for the returnees and their families and those who have given their lives in service. They should be taken care of before anything is "bailed out" no matter what guise the politicians use to dis-guise the process.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
better HD than AIG insurace...bunch of F*****ing criminals

·
07 900 Classic
586 Posts
This country has been running off borrowed money since the revolution with exception of the surplus that the Clinton administration left us. Bush gave it all back to the "taxpayers" (the billionaires that hardly ever pay more than 1% tax while the middle class pays around 15%) the first year in office. So we all have been paying our forefathers debts all along. Regan stopped HDfrom becoming Honda Davidson back in the 80's right about the time they became for the status quo. Pappie

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
the answer to the question is easy, HD still has some of its manufacturing in the united states, we need to keep some here. By helping HD, we are keeping some american business manufacturing here

·
Registered
644 Posts
This country has been running off borrowed money since the revolution with exception of the surplus that the Clinton administration left us. Bush gave it all back to the "taxpayers" (the billionaires that hardly ever pay more than 1% tax while the middle class pays around 15%) the first year in office. So we all have been paying our forefathers debts all along. Regan stopped HDfrom becoming Honda Davidson back in the 80's right about the time they became for the status quo. Pappie
Tis true, you might say this is HD's second bailout. I remember Chryslers first back in the 70's. They paid it back and GM will probably pay theirs back too. As for AIG, I doubt it, that was a Wall Street cluster f__k.
I wish the government would bail me out too. Unfortunately I don't have a gaggle of lobbyists bribing congressmen for me so it is NOT going to happen.

This country is nothing but a corporate state posing as a democracy.
Have a nice day.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So HD takes bailout money but tosses Buell under the bus so to speak.

I honestly wish I could find passion for HD but I simply cannot create any, they are what they are and even so they have made a welcome effort at modernization there is still something lacking in the whole deal for me.

·
Love my 1500!
2,460 Posts
The irony is that nobody needs a bailout more that our government!

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
I can't fault HD for taking bail out money. They have been bleeding money now for some time and lost over 30 million in the last quarter. I would hope that HD comes out of it OK. Only time will tell.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Clinton didn't leave a surplus...he left a PROJECTED surplus. Big difference when its the government doing the projecting. :lol: Last President to pay off the national debt was Andrew Jackson.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
well lets stick it to china then

1 - 20 of 20 Posts